Will Botox Help with This Asymmetry? (photo)

Will Botox help with uneven smile/ nasolabial folds? I like the left side of my face, it is very natural default and natural when smiling, with a nice, sharp angle and shallow nasolabial fold. My right side on the other hand, goes wild and often exaggerates the lip and smile fold. This difference is also apparent without smiling, on default facial expression. Is there anything that can help? And how much is botox usually? Around $400 per injection or unit? That part confuses me.

Improving asymmetry with Botox and Fillers

+1

Yes, it is possible to improve symmetry of your face using Botox and Fillers. Botox lasts 3-4 months and repeat treatments will maintain results.Over time, the treatments develop some permanence. Fillers usually last 9 months to a year.

Botox and asymmetry

+1

Please see an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can assess your movements and recommend the appropriate treatments for you.  Botox and fillers should help.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and asymmetry

+1

Yes, Botox and/or fillers can help with your issue - visiting a reputable and well-trained injector will help determine your options!

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox to help with asymmetry around mouth

+1

Yes, Botox can help with this, but you must seek injections from a well-qualified physician injector. While we always recommend that, in cases like this, where the mouth area is being injected, it's extremely important. Poor injections can result in you having problems talking, speaking, eating, etc. and those can last for months while the Botox wears off. So seek a physician. Pricing for Botox can either be done by the unit, or by the area; it depends on the office.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for uneven smile

+1

this is certainly a recognised use of facial botox injections. Your concerns are the "gummy smile" particularly evident on the right hand side. Injection of a few units of botox or dysport into the levator labii superioris on this side will even it out nicely. Find a local board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon