Can I Use Botox if I Have a Hard Shell Seafood Allergy?

Botox with seafood allergy?

+1

There is no known contraindication to receiving Botox in individuals with seafood allergies.  You can discuss with your injector your concerns and if you would like, a skin test could be performed to allay your fears of a possible reaction.

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be used if you have a seafood allergy

+1

There is no reason to avoid Botox injections for wrinkles if you have a seafood allerrgy. There are no chemicals in the botox mixture that are known to be the responsible chemicals in seafood allergies.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Seafood Allergies and Botox

+1

There are no contraindications with having a seafood allergy and receiving Botox. With that being said, if you are prone to other allergies, or have concerns, you can always have a skin test with Botox, where a very tiny amount is injected under the skin to waylay any concerns.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

It is not likely to be an issue.

+1

Shell food allergy can be to a variety of allergens including iodine or proteins specific to the seafood.  The likelihood of cross reactivity with BOTOX is so low that skin testing is not necessary.  However if you are nervous, this is an option.

Botox and Hard Shell Seafood Allergy

+1

There are no contraindications to receiving a Botox treatment if you have a seafood allergy, hard shell or otherwise. Speak to your facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist about all medical conditions and medications, vitamins and supplements you are taking before your treatment.

Anifat Balogun, MD