Is it Okay to Get Botox to Frown Lines Only and Not Forehead as Well?

I'm planning to get my frown lines treated. The dr who has been recommended to me by friends charges by each location and I only have money to pay for one location right now. I've heard people talk about getting their frown lines AND forehead treated. Or frown lines and outer brow treated to avoid the'spock' look. Would I be okay to have only the frown lines treated? Thanks for your advice.

Charging For Botox

+1
I too charge for botox and dysport by the area which is usually about 25 units.   But in reality, I charge a minimum of 25 units. 100% of the time, a person can benefit from that doseage.  It is not uncommon to do more and maybe not a full 25 units for another area and we just charge for what is used.  Talk to your provider, if they are not accomodating, then find someone else.
Good luck
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the areas to undergo Botox injections

+1

One option is to go to someone who charges by the unit rather than the area.  This may help you achieve natural Botox results and have a more balanced look.  Surgery90210

Re: Botox only for frown lines

+1

In some patients, treating only the frown lines in the glabella area can raise the eyebrows extremely high (i.e. the Spock look). But this does not occur consistently with everyone.

However, many doctors do not charge exclusively by the area. In other words, the objective of the treatment should be to minimize the frown lines and achieve an overall cosmetically acceptable result. So if you are one of the individuals who is prone to developing the Spock look, then your doctor should address the muscles in the brows as well, instead of considering this to be a separate area.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-botox/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Okay for Frown Lines Only

+1

If you have never had Botox, start by treating the frown lines. Treating both the frown lines and the forehead can sometimes be too much immobilization for someone who has never experienced Botox. In our office we do not charge per ‘area’ we charge per unit of Botox injected into a patient.  Some patients require more or less than others depending on muscle strength.  We generally use 20-25 units of Botox for the frown lines and 15-20 units for the forehead.  Should you choose to just treat the frown lines and end up with the ‘Spock’ look a good injector can fix the problem by placing a small amount of Botox in the proper location in the forehead.

Bozeman Dermatologist

Botox can be used to treat the frown lines between the eyebrows as a solitary area

+1

Usually there is no problem to treat only the "11", the vertical frown lines between the eyebrows. This can help smoothen the area and help lift the forehead. 

In patients, though,  whose forehead horizontal creases are significant, having botox in the upper forehead without the frown lines is often not suitable as it would lessen the forehead's ability to raise the eyebrows, and,  as the lifting effect of the glabellar wouldn't be present, the eyebrow / upper eyelid complex could drop.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox frown lines only

+1

Yes you can simply do the frown lines in the glabellar area at the top of the nose.That is great about these agents in that you can be target specific.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin Work Wonderfully for Frown Lines (Scowl lines, "Eleven Lines," Angry Lines)

+1

In 1991, I was among the first physicians in the United States in any field to inject Botox for cosmetic reasons--eleven years before it received its official FDA approval for that purpose. At that time, and for more than a decade afterward, the primary esthetic indication for Botox treatment was for treating the Scowl Lines between the eyes, sometimes also referred to as the "Eleven" Lines, or Angry Lines, or Frown Lines. In fact, the initial official indication for the approval by the FDA was for treatment of this region only.

However, the fact is that by the mid-1990s already, those of us experienced with Botox were already safely and effectively using Botox to treat the crow's feet, worry lines, turkey neck bands, and crinkles directly under the eyes and between and above breasts. Still later, we routinely began using it for the so-called Nefertiti face lift, a technique for giving a nonsurgical lift to the upper neck and straightening of the jawline. And today, the choice of neuromodulators has broadened to include Dysport and Xeomin. 

The beauty of all these products is that they can be used on just one area or all the areas mentioned simultaneously or at various sittings. Unlike surgical procedures, which are pretty much all or none types of interventions, treatment with agents like Botox can be tailored to your particular needs and budget and, in the hands of experienced injectors, can yield consistently gratifying results. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Botox for frown lines only? You bet!

+1

Botox to the frown lines only is often the best way to go.  That way, only your scowl is knocked out and you can avoid the boiled egg look where the brow is freakishly smooth and unanimated. 

When I do the forehead or the crows feet, I try to just softed the creases, not know them out completely.  It's nice to be able to raise your brows when someone says something that surprises you and it's nice to be able to smile with your eyes. 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Love botox for the frown lines only!

+1

I think botox for only the frown lines is a great idea- it can soften the lines between the brows and give you a nice brow lift. Later if you want to treat forehead lines then add the forehead when you do the frown lines (treat the brow depressors).

Charlotte Dermatologist

Frown lines and forehead are considered two separate treatment areas.

+1

It is okay to get Botox injections for frown lines only and not treat the forehead. These are considered two separate treatment areas. If you have your frown lines injected, you will see an improvement in the lines between your eyebrows but still be able to move your forehead. This can be a very natural look.

Web reference: http://www.advdermatology.com/pages/botox__cosmetic/296.php

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon