Botox for Forehead Lines on a 21 Year Old?

I am 21 years old, I scrunch my forehead a lot without knowing it and have lines now. Should I get Botox on it to relive the lines a little bit. Would it help it so they don't stay that way permently?

Botox will Soften Forehead Lines in 21 Year Old but Brow May Drop

+2

The benefit of treating Frown Lines, Worry Lines, Forehead Lines and Crow's Feet at an early age is that it will help prevent these lines becoming permanent in the future.

Younger people may have healthier stronger muscles and may require more units of Botox that much iolder people with thin skin and atrophic muscles.

Be aware however that the Forehead Muscle, the Frontalis hold your forehead and Eyebrows up. If the Forehead Muscle is weakened with Botox there is a chance that your Eyebrows may drop a little.

Botox for forehead lines

+2

Botox is indeed effective for forehead lines.

Over time, hopefully Botox will enable you to get out of the habit of "scrunching"... and save a lot of money in the process.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Give it a try!

+1

If you are already starting to form the lines, then yes give it a try.  Start with a smaller amount, you can always increase. 

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

You're onto something

+1

perfect choice...if the lines bother you, get them treated and there's nothing better than botox for the situation...try a little...then if you need more, go for it...not a problem

Ken Landow, MD

Botox for the forehead

+1

The most common reason one has forehead furrows (lines on the forehead) is that they want or need to lift up their eyebrows and/or eyelids. If one treats the forehead, they will be unable to lift the eyebrows and, if one has heavy eyelids, the eyelids can feel heavy. This is the most common unwanted effect that I see in my office when Botox is performed by other providers. So, if you have heavy eyelids and eyebrows, be careful as Botox treatment of the forehead may not be for you and should only be done by a provider who is very experienced in treated those with heavy eyelids.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead lines

+1

Botox works excellent for improving the appearance of forehead lines by temporarily causing cessation of the muscle action of the frontalis resulting in relaxation of the overlying skin creases.  If you are consistently treated every 3-4 months you will be less likely to develop deep forehead wrinkles later in life.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead wrinkles in a 21 year old

+1

It is not a problem for a 21 year old to get Botox injections. As a matter of fact, early inections avoid permanent grooves that develop when these lines are 'etched in the skin permanently'.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox at 21

+1

You're absolutely a candidate for Botox, especially given your description of overactive forehead muscles creating lines that last after the expression is over. Having Botox now could help prevent these lines from becoming permanent! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox can be used in 20 year old

+1

I treat the anatomic variation in a patient with only a secondary concern with age.  If the patient is under 18 parental consent is required.

Charles Crutchfield, MD
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox at 21

+1

If you already have forehead lines at 21, you are old enough for Botox injections to soften the lines and prevent them from deepening.  You should be treated by an experienced injector and start with a lose dose, see how you respond, and more can always be added later if needed.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist