Would Getting Botox for TMJ Disorder Affect the Results of a Somatosensory Evoked Potential Test Two Days Later?

Botox will be injected into my massater and temporalis muscles.

Botox and TMJ

+1

I would recommend waiting to get any cosmetic Botox treatments until your testing is complete and be sure and consult with a reputable, well-trained, and experienced injector.

Botox Affecting Somatosensory Evoked Potentials

+1

Although the neurologist can better answer this question as he or she is familiar with both Botox and SSEPs, I would wait to do the Botox until after the test is performed.  Although the test involves current transmission through afferent pathways to the cortex, I would rather know for sure the results of the test.