How much Botox for temporal region? (Photo)

I have strong temporal bulging caused by muscle hypertrophy (clenching), so that the area from just behind the eyes over the zygomatic bone to the region behind the ears is overdeveloped (the whole temporal muscle) How much Botox Units do I need per side to achieve a successful atrophy, as the area is each palm-sized ? An physician already recommended me to start with 10-12,5 Units per side and repeat it after 3 weeks. I think that's pretty few, because just for the masseter one need about 30

Botox in Temporal Bulge

+2
The exact amount of Botox needed for each individual varies.  10 units sounds like a fair amount but without seeing you in person it is difficult to assess.  I would never plan on re-treating anyone for the entire area three weeks later.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in Botox.

Botox amounts

+1
Generally the amounts used vary by practitioner and their experience and placement so would be tough to answer though would recommend visiting with a Board Certified Dermatologist with Botox expertise and listen to their advice. It is very rare for me to treat with Botox 3 weeks later in the same patient.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon