Botox for a Six Month Change the Money is a Waste. Looking for a Longer Lasting Option then That?

Looking for a longer lasting option then botox, that is ok if you going to a wedding or something but I'm looking for a more permanent solution such a surgical alteration of the brow furrow and under eye, guess I am looking at an under eye procedure which would be a seperate procedure and a brow lift if I want a longer lasting solution then botox or fillers, I don't think spending 1000 dollars for fillers and botox is worth it, a procedure that lasts longer then 5 years now I am listening.

+1

I agree with Dr. Herzog that Botox is your best bet for treatment of lines resulting from facial muscle contraction. The only exception would be the "11s" or lines between the eyebrows. If you're already planning to undergo a browlift procedure, the muscle in that area can be removed resulting in a permanent improvement in those lines. Otherwise, Botox will be your best bet especially for Crow's feet.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longer lasting wrinkle fix??????

+1

If you are looking for a way to fix the wrinkles that Botox and Dysport fix there  is no longer lasting option that I know of at this time. Surgery is not an alternative option as it treats a different problem than the problems that the toxins fix. I would need a long lesson to discuss all of the options for fascial rejuvenation but to try to simplify: Botox and Dysport fix the wrinkles that you make when you move muscles. Fillers and surgery(unless you cut nerves) will not do this for you. If you have volume loss and what I will call "staitic" wrinkles, fillers and surgical options are available. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist