30 Injections of Botox For Migraines. No Feeling In Forehead and Eyelids Droop?

i recently had 30 injections for chronic migraines in my neck, scalp and forehead. i have now found after a week, that i still do not have feeling in my forehead and it has caused my eyelids to become droopy. I also have noticed extreme fatigue. are these side effects normal for that amount of injections? will the forehead numbness wear off so my eyelids return to normal?

Forehead numbness and botox

+1

Botox does not affect the sensory nerves. It relaxes muscle by inhibiting communication from the motor (movement) nerves that signal the muscles to contract.  Sensory problems might occur by physical irritation of the sensory nerves by the injection technique. This should be temporary.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

30 Injections of Botox For Migraines. Week Later, No Feeling In My Forehead and Eyelids Droopy?

+1

Droopy eyelids following Botox to the forehead occurs when the Botox is injected too close to the eyebrows.  The eyebrows drop and the upper lids appear droopy.  Botox does not affect the sensory nerves so it can't cause numbness.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

No feeling in forehead

+1

No feeling in your forehead is not a typical side effect. I would recommend that you be evaluated by your surgeon or a dermatologist.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.