Botox for Under Eye Wrinkles/ 29 Yo?

I developed sudden wrinkles after an allergic reaction over three months ago and it looks like they are here to stay. Would botox help? I have wrinkles also in the inner eye corner and crepey skin there. I am 29 years old.

Botox for Under Eye Wrinkles After Allergic Reaction

+3

From your picture, the lower eyelid appears to be swollen, which makes me wonder if you may in general have allergies, such as seasonal allergies, or have atopic eczema.  If you are prone to allergies or allergic reactions or have a history of eczema, you can get early eyelid wrinkling from the cycles of swelling and inflammation that comes with the allergies/eczema.  It would be important for you to see your physician/allergist for control of future allergic reactions/eczema.  Botox is not the answer here because of the location of these lines.  Other procedures, such as laser resurfacing or dermal fillers could be considered, but you would need to be evaluated in person for full assessment. 

In response to your comment back to me:  "Yes I do have allergies, always had. I am seeing an allergist etc but symptoms are still present. Would fillers be a good idea?"  I would want to get really good control of the allergies, if possible, and in the meantime, consider using a good eye serum/moisturizer - there are many out there.  You may find that with good control of your allergies and with time to heal the skin, those lines may not be so prominent.  If lines are still present even with good control of the allergies and optimized eye skin care, fillers could be considered.  You should see an experienced injector for evaluation.  I suggest your first priority though is to get control of these allergies.  (This answer is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ general education only.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for further evaluation of your individual case.)

Seattle Dermatologist

Botox for under eye wrinkles

+2

I have many patients with eczema or atopic dermatitis or allergic reactions around the eyes who develop wrinkles as a result. Botox is not the answer, simple prescribed creams by your dermatologist will fix the problem.  ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to eye area

+1

Based on the photo you've provided, Botox around your eyes would help soften those lines around your eyes. Be sure to visit a reputable office and well-trained injector for your best treatment options.

Sam Naficy, MD

Probably need to see your dermatologist...from the picture it looks like the creases are on...

+1

the outside of your lids rather than the inner corner...maybe a smidgeon of botox at the lateral margin may be of slight help...crow's feet...but the inner area near the nose doesn't appear to be a good fit for botox...maybe another picture would be helpful...and remember everyone has some degree of facial wrinkling especially under the eyes and even more so in people affected by allergies...

Ken Landow, MD