Botox for Excessive Foot Sweating?

Luckily I have never had this problem, but for both our sake I am asking for my partner who does, he has a severe sweating problem that seems to be localized to his feet, the odor is sometimes unbearable and proper washing and foot powders seems to work only for for a few short hours. I feel bad because he is very embarrassed and self conscious by this. I read on a forum that Botox can be injected between each toe to counter this problem, is that true? Makes sense since its used under the arms.

Botox for feet works, but can be painful

+2

Botox for hyperhidrosis of the feet works well, just as it does for the underarms. But I would warn that even with a wonderful injector, great care, icing and/or cold chiller at the injection sites, your partner should expect a bit of pain. The feet are extremely sensitive and injections into the feet are painful. The pain shouldn't last longer than the injections take, really, but the injection sites may be a bit tender for a day or so. While the procedure might be a bit uncomfortable, I'm sure the outcome (for both of you!) will be worth it.

Using Botox to reduce sweating

+2

Excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis, can be alleviated with Botox Therapeutic or Dysport injections directly into the affected skin. For treatment of feet, the injections are usually done throughout the plantar surface of the foot, not just between the toes. This temporarily blocks the sweat glands which are responsible for excessive perspiration. These injections are typically done in a single treatment session on any area of the body and can provide months of relief. Treatments can be repeated once or twice a year to maintain dryness. The most commonly treated areas include underarms, hands, feet, and face. Many health insurance plans will pay for this treatment but only if it can be documented that you have had unsuccessful treatments with conventional therapies first.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox works great for excessive sweating of the feet

+2

Botox works very well for localized treatment of focal hyperhidrosis such as axilla, palms and soles.

I

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Botox for Excessive Foot Sweating

+2

Botox works great for this problem just as it does under the arms.  It may need to be injected on the whole bottom surface of the foot though, not just between the toes. 

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox for sweating

+2

Botox is very effective for foot sweating.  Foot odor has many causes.  Although sweat is odorless, it is associated with increasing the incidence of foot odor.  If the amount of sweat is decreased,  most the time the foot odor will decrease.

David Alessi, MD

BOTOX® works for hyperhidrosis of the feet

+2

I have been treating patients with BOTOX® for hyperhidrosis of the feet for about 8 years now.

BOTOX® works very well and is very safe. I use a specialized ice technique to keep my patients comfortable. This was published in the journal Dermatological Surgery.

Dr. Derek Jones in the Beverly Hills area is an expert on the use of BOTOX®, and he or one of his associates could probably take care of your sweetheart, and will have access to my paper on the use of ice to facilitate the injection of BOTOX® for palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyperhidrosis of the soles of the feet treated well by Botox

+1

Not all malodorous feet are caused by heavy sweating, but it can contribute significantly to different causes whether bacterial or yeast. Numbing cream, ice and even regional blocks of anesthetic have been done to minimize the pain of injecting skin with abundant nerve endings.

Ronald Shelton, MD