I had Botox for crows feet, glabella and forehead 5 1/2 months ago. I have pressure above my left upper brow. Why?

I had botox for crows, glabella and forehead 5 1/2 mos. ago. My forehead started to come alive again a week ago. Since then the muscles above both brows are arched. Above my upper left eye I feel a lot of pressure. Why is this? When will it go away? What can I do to make my self feel more comfortable? Thank you.

Pressure above brow after Botox

+2
Botox usually lasts 3-4 months. 5 1/2 months is quite a long time to have full results. If you don't retreat with Botox again, eventually all muscles will re-move like they did before. So the "pressure" is probably some muscles fully functioning and moving and others not.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox 5 1/2 mos ago

+1
If your last injection was 5 1/2 months ago, most of the neurotoxin has likely metabolized. I would recommend returning to the physician that injected you and possibly referring to photos of your features from before the Botox injection. The pressure is likely not due to Botox- if it is severe and associated with any other neurological issues, it would be recommended to seek medical care. Best of luck.

William Lambeth, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox and forehead and crow's feet

+1
Botox is wonderful for correcting the wrinkles in the areas that you are described.  I doubt that the Botox has lasted that long in that area.  I suggest you consult the treating physician and/or a neurologist to get another opinion as to the pressure you are feeling.

Michele S. Green, MD

I had Botox for crows feet, glabella and forehead 5 1/2 months ago. I have pressure above my left upper brow.

+1
I doubt the BOTOX would last that long. Best to seek IN PERSON examinations from there injecting doc and a ENT, neurologist to be sure something else not going on... 

Forehead Pressure After Botox

+1
5 1/2 months is too long for the pressure or changes you are seeing being a result of the treatment you have had in the past.  I suggest seeing a neurologist or going back to your physician for evaluation.  Likely there is another reason or cause.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.