I've Heard Botox Being Used For Crows Feet, But What About Under Eye Wrinkles?

If Botox is Used for Crows Feet What is Used for the Undereye Area and the Cost for This Part of the Eye? under eye area

Can BOTOX be used for the Undereye Area

+1

This is one area where I strictly avoid the use of BOTOX. If injected beneath the eye, there is a tendency for Botox to partially paralize the muscles beneath the eye unevenlly.  This results in unwanted folds forming during smiling. My treatment plan is as follows:

• Profractional laser 2-3 times per year
  • Microlaser peel once per year as the same time as one of the profractionals
  • Peleve' during above gives a nice added improvement
  • I then recommend  a specially formulated Tri-Peptide.. Stem Cell Activator topical twice per day.  

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles.

+1

Botox can be effective for the lateral lower lid and lower crow's feet areas. If the wrinkles are directly under the eye and superficial, Botox will not be indicated. Other treatments like chemical peels or laser resurfacing might be helpful. A good skin care regimen will slow the process as well.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon