Can I Get Botox for Chin Dimpling Without Compromising my Actual Chin Dimple?

I have a shallow chin dimple which I like and want to keep but I still went to get rid of the chin "dimpling" Can the botox be done around 'it'?

Botox is great for chin "dimpling"

+1

Botox is a great treatment or chin dimpling, called peau d'orange skin, that is caused by the movement of your chin muscle. It's often an involuntary movement and that's why Botox is so helpful. However, if you have a dimple you like that is there at rest Botox won't affect it.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin Dimpling and Cleft Chin

+1

Hello Sarasarasara,

The line in the center of your chin should not change as that is not a result of dynamic muscle contraction. What will change are the small dimples also known as peau d'orange (skin of the orange). Seek an experienced injector for best results.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dimpling correction with Botox on chin area

+1

Yes dimpling will be corrected with Botox injections without compromising your actual Chin dimple.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Botox to the chin but I want to keep my actual chin dimple

+1

Botox treats dynamic muscles, those muscles that move to create lines and wrinkles. It does not treat static lines, or those that you have when you are not moving muscles. A true chin dimple occurs whether you are moving your muscles or not, so that dimple will remain even after Botox injections to the chin are done.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

The dimple you have at rest is typically not due to muscle movement and should not be affected by Botox. However, the orange peel type dimpling you see with movement around the chin should resolve following Botox treatment. 

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin dimpling

+1

Chin dimpling can be treated with Botox and it should not impact your normal dimple.  Good luck with your procedure.

Botox for chin dimpling

+1

Over activity of the mentalis muscle will cause a dimpled chin, known as a “peau d’orange” appearance. Neurotoxin injections such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin can be used to restore a smooth appearance of the chin. It will not affect your "chin dimple" as that is really a depression in the skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Yes, because the chin dimple you want to keep is a depression.  Botox doesn't fill in depressions. The rest of the dimpling usually occurs from contracting the muscles.

Rigo Mendoza, MD