Botox for Brow Lift?

I am a 30yo female with frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet :( I would love baby botox for a slight brow lift but I'm terrified of life threatening reaction from the botox. Is it possible for the botox to affect breathing? If so is there treatment for that? Also what if I had a serious allergic reaction to botox what then because it can't exactly be removed. Thanks

Botox Cosmetic has a very good safety record

+2

There are 2 parts to your question so I will address the safety issue first. The FDA requires that patients be presented with an information sheet that lists a number of potential serious reactions to Botox, despite the fact that none of these has ever happened with cosmetic doses. When you consider the millions of patients who have received Botox over the past 20 years, this is a remarkable safety record. (Why the FDA requires the warning is a matter for philosophers.) Acheiving both brow lifting and reduction of forehead wrinkles requires a certain degree of finesse with injection technique so see an experienced injector. Not sure what you mean by "baby botox" but the dose should be determined based on evaluation.

Botox has been used millions of times with good and safe results

+1

The use of botox has been proven to be safe throughout the world.  Botox could in theory affect breathing if there is an allergic reaction but this is very unlikely.  Also there are medications to treat allergic reactions which work very effectively.

Dev Wali, MD

Botox Is Very Safe

+1

Botox has an outstanding track record over the many years it’s been used for cosmetic purposes and any serious side effects very rarely occur. When you book a consult with your doctor he/she will go over the very rare side effects and common ones, such as minimal redness or slight bruising, that could result from Botox injections.

When properly done Botox can help soften lines of animation caused by the lifting of your brows while also giving you that added bonus of arch to your brows when you’re not making an expression. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and side effects

+1

For a thorough list of all potential side-effects of cosmetic Botox, follow the link to Allergan's website and review.

Sam Naficy, MD

Question: Botox for Brow Lift

+1

Hi Andrea,

Botox was approved for cosmetic use many years ago.  Millions of injections have been performed. 

Botox works by temporarily weakening muscles in the face.  By selectively targeting the muscles that depress the brow (i.e. corrugator and procerus) it may be possible to achieve a small amount of brow lift (also known as "chemical browlift".

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Anand G. Shah MD

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox® Safety

+1

Millions of injections of Botox® are done yearly, some even by practitioners who should not be injecting it. In spite of this, it has an extremely good safety record. Almost all of the severe reactions and deaths have resulted from people using fake products that were not actually Botox®. Others were from using the product in an inappropriate manner. Go to ExpertInjector.com to find a certified expert in the use of Botox®.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Brow lift

+1

Hi Andrea,

Your concerns regarding Botox are misplaced. Whilst nothing is without risk, Botox has an extremely good safety record over many years at much higher doses than would be required for your Brow lift.

I have never heard of Botox being associated with the issues you are worried about at the doses we use them for for wrinkles.

Botox is one of the most reliable and safe procedures that we offer.

Good luck

Richard

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Botox is extremely safe

+1

As my colleagues have already noted, Botox cosmetic is extremely safe and has hundreds of millions treated without the side effects that you are concerned with.  Give it a try with an experienced doctor -- I bet you will love your results...

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Brow Lift?

+1

Adverse reactions to Botox typically result from very large clinical doses for treatment of medical problems or an unethical provider inadvertently providing a massive overdose of research grade product. Cosmetic doses of actual Botox provided by an experienced injector have a long history of safety. The most common adverse reaction is a small bruise at the injection site which can last several days. Serious complications are very rare. Your best bet is to seek an experienced injector. If the price is a steal the product likely came from outside the FDA approved drug pipeline and should be avoided. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox safety

+1

Allergy to botox while possible is very rare.  If you are very concerned, you can always have a small area treated first.  See an experienced injector physician or nurse in a plastic surgeon, derm or ENT's office to discuss your concerns.

Elizabeth Kim, MD