How Much is Botox for Both Lips?

How Much is Botox for Both Lips?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting under a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. The recommended Botox units in the lips are 4-10 units. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Uses of Botox for the lips

+1

As you may already know, botox to the lips is much less common than the other three major areas, the glabella/furrow, the forehead/worry lines, and crows feet/smile lines.  The most common botox application to the lips is to turn the corners of the mouth up into a more youthful position, which is usually 10 units.  Less commonly, a smaller dose of botox can be applied to the upper lip, usually 4 units to relax lines in the lip.  Well formed wrinkles in the lip are best treated with laser skin resurfacing, along with botox for the best results.  Fillers such as juvederm can be used for temporary improvement.  Going to an experienced injector will help you achieve your desired results.  

Benjamin Stong, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox around the lip

+1

Botox around the lips can help soften the vertical lip lines and cause a pleasing, yet subtle, out-turning of the lips. I usually use 4 units in the upper lip and 4 units in the lower lip.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Lips?

+1

Hi Texan.  Botox is not normally used in the lips.  It can be used for the muscles above the upper lip to relax the vertical smoker's lines between the mouth and nose, but is not used in the lips.  Most Botox injections in our office vary between $200 - $700 depending on how much of the product is being injected.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for the lips

+1

Botox works well for the vertical lines for upper and lower lips. If you are wanting volume and have deeper wrinkles around the lips than I would use a filler such as Restylane or Belotero. The typical amount of botox used is 4 units to top lip and 4 units to bottom lip. We charge $11 per unit.

Botox for lips?

+1

Botox can be helpful for lip lines it is not commonly used for the lips for other reasons.  The fee can vary.

Botox and lips

+1

Botox is typically injected to the muscle surrounding the lips in small doses to relax the muscle and help with fine lines. It will turn the lip out, but not provide volume.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for lips

+1

I'm not sure you're asking the right question, so I'm going to answer it two ways. 1. If you are looking to plump your lips, you don't want Botox, you want a filler like Restylane or Juvederm. Botox is a neurotoxin that inhibits muscle movement. It should not be injected into the lips! 2. If you are looking to treat the tiny vertical lines around the lips, I suggest you start with a very minimal dosage and add more units if needed. Overinjecting, because it's a neuromodulator, means if you have too much, you can't talk, eat, drink from a straw, etc. Seek a board-certified physician in your area for a consultation for your specific needs and questions.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How Much is Botox for Both Lips?

+1

If you're looking for improvement in upper and lower lip vertical lines typically 10-12 units of Botox, total, is adequate. However, if you're looking to add volume or shape to the red part of your lip, Botox is not the option. Juvederm or some other hyaluronic acid filler is typically the best option to plump and shape lips. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the lips

+1

The amount of Botox used to treat the lips is minimal when compared to other areas. One can use as few as 4 units TOTAL to as much as 8 Units.  In general, the cost will be at least half as much as treating the frown lines (which averages about $350 +/-).

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon