Botox for Angry Eyes/Shadow Between Eyes? (photo)

Hello all. My name is mark and i was wonderig what should i do about having angry eyes/shadow between eyes? A doctor told me i have a shadow between my eyes that gives me a angry look. Im only 19 and i know botox is usually for older people with wrinkles. I was wondering if any of you can help?

Botox and shadows between the brows

+2

You can certainly have Botox placed in the region you are referring to, which will stop those muscles from making the depression and decrease them in size (somewhat) which is causing the "shadowing" you are referring to. Botox isn't just a one-time injection however. You'd need to adhere to a 3-4 month re-treatment schedule to stave off the shadows.

Botox for angry eyes

+2

Botox is commonly used to treat the frown lines between the brows that make one appear angry.  While Botox is most often used in people who are older than you, that does not mean that you would not necessarily be a candidate for treatment.  I would consult with a physician experienced with Botox treatments.  Most often, this would be a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Angry Eyes/Shadow Between Eyes?

+1

Hi Mark. You sound to be a great candidate for Botox, usually patients need anywhere from 15-20 units every 3-4 months apart. Depending on how strong the muscle is, you might require more units but would love then end result. 

Botox for Angry Eyes

+1

Botox or any of the neuromodulators like Dysport and Xeomin are effective treatments for reducing the appearance of “angry eyes” and smoothing out the skin between the brows. As a board-certified dermatologist, I would suggest you visit an experienced, highly qualified Botox/neuromodulator injector to ensure a safe and effective procedure. Results typically last from 3 to 6 months and can be repeated when frown lines return.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin Work Well For Angry Lines (aka Eleven Lines, Scowl Lines, Frown Lines) Between The Eyebrows

+1

I have been using Botox for over 22 years, as well as its more recently introduced relatives Dysport and Xeomin for treating the scowl lines between the eyebrows--the kind that make a person look angry all the time upon expression. These lines remain in fact the primary FDA-approved indication for Botox and Dysport--although elsewhere in the world, such as in Canada, Europe, and Israel, they are approved for a wide variety of facial, neck and chest wrinkles.

Treatment is simple, requires only a few microdroplets of material injected across the area and takes only minutes to perform. Graifying results are typically seen in one to seven days following treatment and last between four and six months. If treatments are administered as  for a series of four or five treatments at fixed four month intervals,  the results of treatment have been shown to extend out to as much as 24-36 months in one study, a finding which parallels my personal experience with this approach. Age is not a barrier with neuromodulators. I have treated quite a few young persons in their late teens with these agents for both scowl lines and crow's feet lines with excellent results.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Strong glabellar furrow

+1

Hi Mark. It looks as though you have strong muscles in the corrugator region. Botox would be a great answer to prevent this line from getting deeper with time. Depending on injector and whether or not you are injected to full correction, you would likely need to return for repeat injections about every 3-4 months, or whenever you felt as though the line was returning.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Botox to relax the gabella

+1

Yes, botox between your eyes also known as the gabella region will relax the muscles that are contributing to the shadow that you are refering to. I would suggest between 10-20 units to the gabella region.

Jay Calvert, MD

+1

Hi Mark,

The angry eyes/shadows is due to over activity of the muscles.  Botox is used to weaken or paralyze muscles regardless of age, not just for older people.  You would be a great candidate for Botox, but you need to keep doing it every 3-4 months.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Botox to treat glabella

+1

This is a personal preference, and some men actually prefer to keep these lines, but If the wrinkles between your eyes bother you, Botox is a very safe and effective option to soften them.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox at age 18

+1

Botox is FDA approved for age 18 to 65. If you have an intense look and strong furrows between your eyebrows (glabella) then you could benefit from Botox. Just make sure you don't have any neurological issues that would preclude the use of Botox. Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon