Will Botox Fix my Asymmetrical Eyebrows/eyelids? (photo)

21 year old female. My right eyebrow's muscle is a lot stronger than my left. This makes it look uneven and is more apparent when I smile. My left eye seems to be a lot smaller than my left. I have a small mole on my left eyelid that might be contributing to that. Also, I get migraines that I can feel in my and around my right eyebrow area. I want my eyebrow muscles to be more even when smiling and at rest, and to have an even appearance in my eyes/eyelid. Will Botox be enough to fix this?

Botox for asymmetric features

+1

Yes, Botox can be a great answer for genetically asymmetric features. Communicate your concerns with your injector. Best of luck!

Fixing asymmetrical eyebrows with Botox

+1

I have frequently assisted patients with asymmetric eyebrows or eyelids with a small amount of Botox in the forehead at a very modest cost. Best to be assessed by an expert injector such as a dermatologist for optimal results and safety. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for balancing eyebrow height

+1

Yes, Botox can certainly help balance the position of the brow, but know that it will be altered both when you are not smiling and when you are.

As to eye size - none of us have eyes exactly the same size or shape and some people have more of a size variance than others. As a woman, sometimes you can alter the impression of eye size with various eye makeup.

From an objective point of view, your photos do not show any remarkable asymmetry. We are often much harder on ourselves than we need to be. 

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for brow asymmetry

+1

Yes, Botox can help even out your brows. Placing a few units above your right brow will even out the asymmetry. Conversely, if you like the higher placement of your brow, you could raise the left brow with placement in the orbicularis.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Will Botox Fix my Asymmetrical Eyebrows/eyelids?

+1

I think that in your neutral expression photo, the difference is not that noticeable. The asymmetry because becomes more pronounced when you smile.  Therefore I would recommend just a small dose of Botox above the right eyebrow so that it does not lift as much.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Addressing brow asymmetry with Botox

+1

Botox could improve the asymmetry of your brows in one of 2 ways:  slightly lowering the right brow, or slightly raising the left brow.  Treating the orbicularis muscle on the left will have the added effect of making your left eye appear slightly larger while raising your left brow.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Brow asymmetry

+1

You have normal brow asymmetry. If it really bugs you a small does of Botox  may help over the eyebrow on the higher side, or even little bit on the lower side below the eyebrow if you prefer them to be higher.

Botox to fix asymmetrical brows

+1

A very conservative dose of Botox to area above your right brow can help achieve more symmetry. The alternative would be to treat the brow depressors of the left brow to lift it. In my opinion, bringing the right brow lower would be more predictable and easier to reproduce with each treatment.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The differences are soooo minor that you could try a FEW units of Botox in the right brow but be careful the result might cause more of an asymmetry. 

Boto to fix asymmetry of brow

+1

Yes, Botox can be used to raise a brow or lower a brow  but the exact amount that needs to be used to make you happy might take some trial and error. My personal opinion is that you should leave well enough alone. I bet that nobody notices this but you.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist