Botox to Fix Lines Around Eyes? (photo)

I am only 24 and have noticed a lot of very fine lines forming below my eyes. Would Botox work as a preventative measure? I don't want it to get any worse. It is almost scaley in appearance as you can see from the photo. I am deterred from smiling because I feel that if I do it'll get worse. I exercise 5 times a week, eat healthy, drink 3-4L of water a day, don't smoke, get decent sleep and moisturise religiously. I don't know why these lines are forming. Please help!

Botox helps reduce lines from muscle contraction

+1

Lines present from photoaging, dry skin, or textural changes from underlying conditions do not respond to Botox well. If a muscle contraction causes the skin to fold and the lines become etched, then the Botox would be considered.

Botox for peri-orbital rhytids

+1

As others have mentioned, Botox and Dysport are great for crow's feet and dynamic rhytids (wrinkles) around your eyes.  The fine lines you seem to be bothered by in your pictures may be better served by a comprehensive skin care regimen including a retinoic acid, sunscreen, and regular chemical peels.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox for wrinkles around the eyes

+1

Botox is an effective way to treat and prevent wrinkes around the eyes, e.g. crow's feet.  It's also important to consult a dermatologist to discuss overall skin-care routine: sun protection, moisturising, proper skin care products, e.g. vitamin-A creams, etc.

Anatoli Freiman, MD,FRCPC,Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for lines around the eyes

+1

Botox certainly helps crow's feet and may also help the lines you have right under your eyes.  You would need to try it to see if it would help.  Ask your physician for a prescription for tretinoin cream which would also help your lines.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fine Lines

+1

Yes, regular Botox injections can work very well as a preventative measure to "crows feet" or fine lines and wrinkles forming around the eyes. A consultation with a skilled injector would provide more information to meeting your specific needs.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for around the eyes

+1

Botox around the eyes can be very effective, preventing the Crow's feet lines which radiate from the eyes from etching in. For more under the eye wrinkling, a tiny drop of carefully placed Botox can also be effective, as can a number of anti-wrinkle creams that contain vitamin C, retinol, AHA, and tretinoin. Speak with your dermatologist about your best treatment options to optimize your skin. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Advanced Radiofrequency works for lower eyelid wrinkles

+1

Botox works well to eliminate or soften crow's feet lines and wrinkles around the corner of the eyes.  However, it does not work well for fine lines and wrinkles under the eyelids.  I would recommend an advanced heating technique with radio frequency such as Pelleve to improve those lines.  This is an outpatient, non painfull treatment that does not involve any needles or medications and is ideal for a 24 year patient.

Check the Pelleve website to see if a local physician offers this treatment option.

Good Luck

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Botox for fine lines

+1

I can only really see a line at the pretarsal area of the obicularis muscle by your picture. A very directed small treatment with Botox may help this.  Also a chemical peel around the eyelid skin can also help to firm the skin and reduce fines lines.  Remember to wear sun screen and have good skin care.  Even starting Retin A at your age could be helpful.  Good Luck.

Robert F, Gray, MD FACS

Robert F. Gray, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very subtle lines

+1

You have very pretty eyes, and the extremely fine rhytides you are showing would be very difficult to treat with a filler.  Botox may work, but I don't think the amount of improvement would warrent this form of treatment.  You are very young and I believe you would like to prevent progression of these lines.  Although we cannot prevent you from aging, there are some things you can do.  Moisturizing, sun exposure avoidance and absence of smoking or smoking exposure are most critical.  There have been many studies showing the benefits of Retin-A for treating these fine type of rhytides.  It can be a bit drying and irritating around the eyes, so you would have to go slow and advance it to once a day, but I have had patients that have done well with it.  This again is a long-term treatment and the benefits would be observed over months to years.  I would start with Renova 0.02% or 0.05% if you think you can tolerate it and never stop.  If there ever was a magic elixir it is the retinoids.  Just my suggestion.  Good luck!

Curt Samlaska, MD

What To Do For Fine Lines Underneath The Eyes As Prevention In a 24 Year Old

+1

The wrinkles are quite subtle and from the photos appear to be a function of very mild skin laxity and not muscle movement. While Botox could be placed to minimize Orbicularis muscle movement, I don't think it would help with the wrinkles. I do think that a very small amount of a hyaluronic filler (Restylane would probably be best) into the groove underneath the wrinkles might help as it would add some volume to the area, smoothing out the wrinkles somewhat. The best option would be good skin care to help tighten, smooth, and moisturize the eyelid skin (Obagi makes a very good product called Elastoderm and Skin Medica's TNS Eye Cream would also be a good option). I would probably start with the skin care products and if that doesn't take care of the problem completely would try the filler as the next option. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon