Would botox fix facial my asymmetry or would surgery be a better option? (photo)

I am 33 years old. I have a very asymmetrical face when I smile. This is something new I've noticed over the past 3 or 4 years. I don't notice it as much when my face is at rest (but that's my untrained opinion). What would be the best route to fix this issue?

Botox is an Effective Treatment for a Gummy Smile

+2

You have a naturally beautiful smile, but there are some areas that could be treated to soften your smile and symmetrize your face.  Botox would be a safe, effective, and quick.  For your asymmetry while smiling, Botox could:

1)  Soften and even your gummy smile

2)  Even the level of your eyebrows

3)  Limit the narrowing of your eyes

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would botox fix facial my asymmetry or would surgery be a better option?

+2

Yes but you need to find a real expert in BOTOX for eyebrows and gummy smile correction. Best of luck...

Treating Facial Assymmetry

+2
First of all, you have a very pretty smile! While symmetry is seen as a sign of beauty, everyone has some asymmetry in their face. If this bothers you quite a bit, botox and filler injections are great initial options to consider for certain areas prior to trying surgical procedures. Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Botox for asymmetry

+2
Nobody is perfectly symmetrical and I bet that you are the only one bothered by this. However, if this bothers you, you should fix it. I would certainly try Botox before doing anything else as surgery might result in problems or results that you need not look for and Botox will wear off and is not permanent. Any experienced cosmetic dermatologist can work with this easily as can plastic surgeons that have experience with using injectables often. I would not opt for a spa type of  treatment for this. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Facial asymmetry treatable with BoTox

+2

it appears that BoTox should work to minimize or resolve your asymmetry. In this area, you have to be very careful not to use too much because if you do, you could wind up looking like you have a Bells Palsy or a victim of a stroke. It will probably only take 5-10 units to accomplish your goals. Make sure you go to a doctor who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery  and is a member of the American Society Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

+2
We are all asymmetric no one has perfect symmetry. If the asymmetry is something that you would like corrected you could first try the use of Botox to see how minimal changes effect your look as it is temporary if you do not like it it will resolve and you will return to your original look. Surgery is a more permanent solution but carries more risks and requires a recovery period that is prolonged.

Good luck!!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

+2

It's hard to tell completely from a photo alone but you may have levator muscle dehiscence on your right upper eyelid. See a local board certified plastic surgeon who can exam you in person. Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You do not need surgery

+2
Facial asymmetry is extremely common and most people have asymmetrical faces. I think you are referring to your eyebrows. This is easily fixed with small amount of botox. You absolutely don't need surgery. You have a gorgeous smile! You can see your gums a little when you smile and this too can be fixed easily!

Vlada Groysman, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Mini brow lift for brow asymmetry.

+2
Mini brow lift for brow asymmetry is what is safe simple and permanentand ultimately   cheaper than Botox. 

Botox can often help brow asymmetry

+1
Botox works by modifying how muscles move. A skilled physician can place Botox in such a way that we can selectively reduce some areas of motion, while allowing other areas to continue to move. This is a quick and easy to balance facial motion. Be sure to see a physician who understands the anatomy well.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon