I Had Botox Around my Eyes 17 Days Ago but I Cannot See Any Difference

i went back and saw the dr who did the botox which was my first time i expected to see some change but cannot the dr just said it will still be working and to go back in 6 months for a top up. should i have seen a change by now?

Performance of Botox After 17 Days.

+1

Usually the effects of Botox are apparent within a week or two (at the latest)

For some individuals, Botox does not produce the results they want. This can be  due to physiological differences where the immune system forms a resistance to proteins on the Botox molecule.

In some cases the quality of the Botox injection solution might not be in accord with the highest standards (e.g. bad batch)

If Botox fails to give the results that you want, then you can consider Dysport as an alternative. For some people Dysport works much better. As an example, I’ve included a video of a patient who discusses his experience with Botox and Dysport

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-botox/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How can Botox be used around the eyes?

+1

Botox relaxes muscles and can be used to reduce the depth of "crow's feet" lines at the outside corners of the eyes.  Crow's feet linles caused by sagging eyebrows or loose, wrinkled skin will not be improved with Botox injections.  Botox and similar products (Dysport, Xeomin) can also be used to elevate the eyebrows by relaxing the muscles that pull the eyebrows down.  It can even be used to elevate a droopy eyelid on a temporary basis.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) injections should take effect within 1 weeks and stabilize by 3 weeks

+1

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) injections should take effect within 1 weeks and stabilize by 3 weeks. You may want to consider additional injections or try Dysport.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Botox and crow's feet

+1

Botox works on the muscles to deactivate them and relax some of the lines around the eyes. If it has not done so, you may wan to go back and have a bit more placed. If they are very deep what I call 'etched line" they may take several treatments over a years time to soften them, but they may not go completely away.

Botox reduces muscle contractions but not deep wrinkles

+1

Without seeing a before and after photo of your treatment, it's difficult to say whether the Botox treatment worked or not.  There are two main reasons for unsatisfactory results.  

1) not enough units were used  -- which you can tell by seeing whether the muscles are moving as much as before

or more likely 2) you needed something more than botox to acheive the changes you want.

It's important to have realistic expectations about what Botox can and cannot achieve.  Botox works by addressing the "dynamic" aspect of your wrinkle lines, the fact that these hyperactive muscles are responsible for the lines to form.  Botox will help soften these lines created by our muscles-- such as those around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.  BUT, keep in mind that deep lines that are present even if you are not frowning will only improve slightly with Botox.  Often, patients will need fillers, chemical peels, or lasers to address lines at rest.  

For these reasons, I always tell my patients that if they have lines at rest-- even if they are not actively using the muscles, those lines will likely still be there after botox.  Over a long period of time, these deeper lines may diminish.  The good news is, if you combine the Botox with fillers/peels/lasers, you will get a synergistic effect.  The Botox will help the effects of your filler/peel/laser last longer.  

Good Luck! 

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox effect on crow's feet eyelids

+1

If you think there is no difference in the wrinkles around the eyes, the Botox you had might still be successful if there has been a reduction or elimination of muscle movement underneath the skin of these wrinkles. It can take months for the lines to improve. If however, the muscle is moving as much as before the Botox, then it has not been effective and if it still hasn't changed by four weeks, then you need better placement or more units of Botox to minimize the muscular movement. Botox wears off by four to five months and waiting six months is too long.

Botox effects should be seen by 10-14 days post injection

+1

The effects of Botox on muscle contraction is sometimes seen by 3-4 days post injection, however the full effect usually takes 10-14 days.

If you do not see any change in the function of the muscles in the area injected after 17 days, I recommend going back to the injector and discussing the reason the procedure was not effective.

If the muscles are not contracting but the wrinkles are still present, perhaps they are static wrinkles, meaning they are present even when the face is at rest.  Those wrinkles would not be affected by Botox injections.

Only dynamic wrinkles, those present only when the muscles of facial expression are engaged, would smooth out with Botox.

Also, even if there was not enough Botox injected to affect the muscles fully, a partial effect should be seen by this time.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon