Botox Eyelift at Young Age?

I have a scar on my left eye which causes it to droop just the slightest bit more than my right eye, this is something not many notice but something I feel has altered my appearance. In addition to this, I also have very hooded eyes. I was wondering if a botox eye lift is the right way to go despite my young age. I'd like to know if this woul

Botox and eye lift

+1

It sounds like you need to have a thorough assessment with a reputable oculoplastic surgeon to discuss both issues you're describing. You can achieve an eye "lift" with cosmetic Botox with precise injection(s).

Botox eyelift

+1

You should be seen by an oculoplastic surgeon to assess your muscle movement to see if Botox would give you a brow lift.  It will not treat hooded eyes, so he can give you advice on your best treatment options.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for Eyelift

+1

Botox works extremely well to lift hooding in the upper eyelid and brow area. In patients of any age, the brow position is determined by muscles which lift and those which lower the brow. By selectively weakening the muscles which lower the brow, botox can lift to give a more pleasing shape to the brow. Differences in brow height can be fine tuned to achieve symmetry and have the brows the same height on both sides.

Michael Horn, MD

Botox chemical brow lift

+1

Botox can help lift the eyebrows (and to some extent the upper eyelids).  It is called chemical brow lift. Make sure to see an oculoplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for Eyelift

+1

It sounds like you have two separate issues. Botox relaxes muscles, so in no way does it "lift" anything. The hooded eyes can be treated with a blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin or an eyebrow lift to raise the existing skin upward. As for the eye droop, Botox could be used to even out the asymmetry, but you must remember that titrating to the perfect amount needed to cause the other eye to slightly droop as well could be difficult to get exactly right. I'd recommend sticking with what you have, so that you don't cause additional problems. Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox for early aging

+1

I think you are asking about two separate issues: how to deal with your scar and  early aging in your eyelids.   If your question is whether Botox will elevate the slight droop of your eyelid, the answer is probably yes.   To discuss hooding, it is important to see a photo.  Botox isn't an eyelift; it is a non-surgical modality and doesn't substitute for circumsatnces under which a full procedure is necessary but has its place in our armamentarium.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox eyelift

+1

I would recommend you see an ocular surgeon. Botox can help uneven brows, if this is what you mean. It won't help with the hooding, or ptosis. In fact, if done incorrectly, it can make the natural ptosis you have, worse. An ocular surgeon will be able to evaluate you properly and recommend proper treatments for you. Botox is approved for use in patients 18 and older.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox eye lift or cosmetic eyebrow lift ..

+1

It is not clear from the first part of your questions where the injury is - eyebrow or eyelid ? I understand the hooded eye problem, however. I would see a facial plastic surgeon and talk about an eyebrow correction lift (unilateral, one sided) if that is what you need or if it is very subtle an Ultherapy on one eyebrow. If you have eyelid problems, they can do blepharoplasty in conjunction. A good place to start is a facial aesthetic plastic surgeon with a lot of experience and positive feedback online. It is difficult to make recommendations without pictures and an exam.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon