Can Botox Lower Already Low Eyebrows?

Ok you might find this strange, but I've always wanted droopy eyebrows, which is weird, but I've always liked that look for some reason. I recently went to a surgeon he told me my eyebrows were already low, and if he injected botox there would be very little change, change that wasn't even noticeable. I always hear people saying that they've gotten droopy eyebrows from botox,why is it impossible to lower eyebrows that are already low?

Yes botox can lower the brows...

+1

while most people view this as an unwanted side effect, it can be used to accentuate the droopy look...fortunately it's not permanent and I suspect you'll soon grow out of your fascination with the look...but yes it's possible

Botox works by weakening the muscles

+1

Since Botox works by weakening the muscles which lift the eyebrows, injecting Botox into your frontalis should help drop your brows if that is what you want.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

BOTOX can lower brows

+1

The male aesthetic look is very different than the female look. Low brows, and heaviness to the upper eyelid area are all associated with a "male look". When these principles are violated, one winds up with the Kenny Rogers or Bruce Jenner look.

Using botulinum toxin to lower the brows is a great way to see how you might like that look. It is temporary so if you do not the effect will wear off in a few months.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) to lower eyebrows

+1

You seem particularly young to be considering this treatment. Having said that, Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) does not lower the brows, it only allows them to return to a resting unopposed (agonist) muscle position with or without treatment of the antagonist muscle groups.

Yes, but may not like the look

+1

Certainly, it is very easy to drop the brow. However, I have never had a patient ask me to do so. All it takes is to make one of the two mistakes Botox injectors can make when they inject the forehead. One mistake is too inject too many units in the frontalis muscle and the second mistake is to inject too close to the brow.

I suppose if you actually want a brow drop you could ask your physician to titrate the amount of Botox...adding a few extra units each week until you have the drop you want. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Droopy eyebrows with botox

+1

Some people do get droopier eyebrows with Botox because they have low eyebrows with age and they compensate by developing wrinkles from overacting forehead muscles.  These muscles are treated with Botox and then sometimes they are overtreated and drop the brow.

Wanting a "Reverse" brow lift

+1

Botox can definitely lower your brow by relaxing the muscles that elevate your brow in your forehead.  The goal would be to avoid a "droopy lid".  I would first treat the brow elevators (upper forehead) only, without touching the brow depressors in the Glabella region.  If after a few weeks the result wasn't perfect-- injecting a little more botox lower in the forehead, closer to the eyebrow margin would be the next step.  Just be careful-- too much botox too close to the eyebrow can result in the "droopy lid".  Good luck!

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Lowering eyebrows

+1

If Botox is injected to the mid to lower forehead you may get some additional lowering but there is also a chance that the upper eyelids could droop and this could affect your upper field of vision temporarily so please be aware of that.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox may lower your brows

+1

Botox works by relaxing muscles.  The main forehead muscles work to lift your eyebrows.  Botox will lower your eyebrows as low as they get when you completely relax your forehead muscles.  That is as low as they will go with a Botox treatment.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes. Botox can lower OR raise the brows

+1

Botox into certain muscles lift the brows. When Botox is injected into a different muscle, the brows will lower and flatten. Just explain to your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon your preference.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist