Will Eyebrow Ptosis Go After Botox?

Will the ptosis on my eyebrow from Botox completely go away so I can move forward with the Permanent makeup? Should I ask for a refund?

Will Resolve

+2

There actually is less possible intervention with eyebrow ptosis (droop) than eyelid ptosis. With the latter you can try eyedrops, but usually with eyebrown ptosis you generally have to wait it out. With time the drop will lessen and should totally resolve after three months.

Injections into the depressors, the muscles in the glabellar area, sometimes will help so you might return to your physician for this possible remedy.

As far as a refund, this varies considerably. Some physicians might do this. You can ask for a compensatory treatment, i.e. a free photorejuvenation or microdermabrasion, or perhaps, Botox injections at cost next time. Most physicians are willing to do that, but far fewer are willing to take a loss.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Eyelid ptosis (droopiness) after BOTOX will completely resolve.

+2

Your eyelid ptosis should normalize within 2 months. It happens to all doctors that do lots of Botox injections.

The good news is that your droopy eyelid can be treated in the meantime. You can consult a board-certified orhthalmologist for prescrirtion eye drops. Or you can try over-the-counter Visine drops with phenylepherine as directed. This will lift the eyelid.

If your eyebrows have fallen, and won't get up despite a Botox dose adjustment, they will return to their normal position in less than 4 months after you were injected.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

+2

Lid ptosis caused by Botox can happen to anyone.  Botox is not permanent so you can expect the ptosis to resolve over time.  While Botox usually lasts 4 months, the lid ptosis usually does not last as long.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

Ptosis after Botox

+1

Ptosis is an uncommon complication after Botox. It occurs but does so infrequently. It is always temporary and usually mild. If severe, there are treatment options.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Your sagging eyebrow will get completely better.

+1

Hi!

Four or 5 months after your Botox treatment, your sagging eyebrow will be back in its normal position.

Don't ask for a refund.  Complications happen.  But you can always try another doctor.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Botox and Eye Brow Ptosis (Drooping)

+1

Hi Micki,

The ptosis will resolve as the Botox is metabolized.

The policy of most offices is not to refund $ for untoward results. You may ask for a refund, the worst that can happen is that you are told, "No." If you trust your injector, you may be able to get a discounted rate at your next treatment for your troubles.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Eyebrow ptosis can happen but will go away

+1

This is not an uncommon side effect of Botox treatment for forehead lines. A proper pre-treatment evaluation can often determine if this is likely to occur. True eyelid ptosis is very uncommon, and doesn't sound like it occurred in your case. As for a refund, no medical treatment is absolute and since this is a known side effect, I wouldn't ask for a refund. If you trust your doctor, go back and the next time treatment can be modified to reduce the chance of it occurring in the future. Sometimes patients have very deep forehead lines from low brows or overhanging eyelids, Botox should not be used at all in these patients. They need surgery.

So, for next time, either discuss this with your doctor or make sure you go to a specialist with a lot of experience with Botox, such as a Facial Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Oculoplastic or Dermatologic Surgeon.

The good thing about Botox is that if the results aren't ideal it goes away , so wait for the makeup. The bad thing is that most patients like the results and it still goes away.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD