Can I Have a Surgical Brow Lift After Botox Lift Didn't Work?

im 25 yr female who had botox for eyebrow lift but i dont really like the result ! now i want to have a eyebrow lift surgery ! and i dont want to wait till botox result fade away so is there any thing can be injected to make botox disappear and be able to undergo surgery within a couple of days? thanx i appreciate your help p.s plz dont tell me to wait till it botox disappear !

Beware of brow lifts! Focus on the lateral hood!

+1

Be very careful when asking for a brow lift, you might get it.  If you look up brow lift results in published papers and before and afters you will see that many surgeons successfully lift the brow.  Unfortunately a true brow lift makes patients look scared or surprised!  It is almost never necessary to elevate the medial third of the brow.  Many women actually benefit aesthetically from a slight lowering of the medial third.  On the contrary, there are few women even at your age that would not benefit from elevation of their lateral brow.  The reason for this is probably not what you think.  Much more important than the brow positionand shape is the infra brow skin.  If you look at yourself in the mirror you will see some bunching of skin under the brow next to your eye and a flat shape.  I call this the lateral hood.  The only kind of brow lift that I typically perform in women of your age I call a lateral hood lift.  If you gently pull up on your forehead skin above the lateral brow, you will see that a very subtle elevation makes you look younger.  This is mostly because it cleans up the lateral hood.  It is usually necessary to also restore brow volume at the same time as a lateral hood lift to create a beautiful rejuvenated shape.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Browlift after Botox

+1
You do not need to wait for Botox to dissipate prior to Browlift surgery. It would be important however to inform your surgeon of the Botox injections and when you last had the treatment . Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Browlift vs Botox

+1

It would be unsual for a 25 year olf patient to require a browlifr. Of course an exam would be necessary.  I would wait fo rthe botox to wear off.

You can have a surgical brow lift after BOTOX

+1

Yes. You can have a surgical brow lift after BOTOX. However, your surgeon should know where your normal brow position is, so you should wait to be evaluated for the surgery after the BOTOX has worn off. Also, after I have seen the normal brow position on a surgery patient, I will actually treat the area with BOTOX before performing the surgical brow lift. This is because BOTOX relaxes the muscles that pull the brow down which makes for a better result after surgery because you are not having muscles work against the lift. The brow area then sets nicely while it heals.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift after Botox

+1

You don't have to wait until the Botox wears off until you get a browlift.  Good Luck

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Robert F. Gray, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Browlift after Botox

+1

You do not have to wait for the Botox effect to resolve. Although I personally don't agree, some surgeons prefer to use Botox before a browlift to relax the muscles before surgery. Make sure your surgeon is aware of the Botox injections.