Botox: Eyebrow Drooping Versus Eyebrow Arch Raising?

Can you advise what resolves faster: Botox injections that make the eyebrow raise into a high evil-like arch, or Botox injections that make the eyebrow droop to a sleepy-like eyelid? Or do they both resolve in about the same amount of time? My cousin loves Botox but has experienced both problems in the many years she’s used Botox and claims eyebrow/eyelid drooping heals just a little faster. Is this true?

Botox eyebrow drooping

+3

The amount of time it takes for undesired effects to resolve depends on your anatomy, the number of units of Botox that was injected, how fresh the Botox was, the skill of the injector, and how quickly your body breaks down the Botox protein.  These variables are impossible to predict for you.  If these problems happen with a skilled and properly trained injector, they generally only last a few weeks before they resolve on their own, but sometimes, especially with arched brows, the effect can be improved with some additional "balancing" Botox (just a few units).  Make sure your injector is experienced and properly trained.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Botox Effect on Eyebrow

+2

Great injectors use Botox as a tool to shape the brow into a more aesthetic position.  This involves an intimate knowledge of the anatomy, muscle compensation patterns, muscle balance and diffusion properties of the product.  While everyone occasionally will get a brow droop or peaked brow, consistently getting this result is the sign of a poor injector.  The best way to treat a brow problem is to not get it in the first place.

Take a look at the following article.  Core aesthetic providers have a nearly 30% higher patient satisfaction rate for Botox.  

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

+2

The toxin breaks down at the same rate regardless of where it is placed.  Your cousin might be more sensitive to return of movement in one area over another but they should be the same.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Brow Position

+2

Whether brow ptosis (dropped brow) or peaked brow laterally (Mr Spock look) lasts longer is impossible to say. Too many factors involved. However, proper technique should prevent brow ptosis and the Mr Spock look is very easily treated with just a drop of Botox over the elevated portion of the brow.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow Drooping vs Eyebrow Arching with Botox

+2

Full effects of Botox last 3-4 months. With that being said both eyebrow drooping and eyebrow arching will start to resolve much quicker than that depending on factors like: your body's metabolism, how drastic was it, number of units used in each area, etc. I'm not sure it matters truly which goes away first; good Botox technique doesn't have these side effects. Seek a qualified injector and you won't be battling either of these side effects!

Your cousin needs to find a better BOTOX service.

+2

Sometimes you get what you pay for.  I encourage you to look into my microdroplet botox, which is a patented botulinum toxin method for softening and lifting the eyebrows without the frozen forehead or recruitment lines.

Eyebrow drooping vs. eyebrow arch elevation from botox

+1

I haven't studied which is faster to resolve, the outer eyebrow elevation unwanted side effect or the forehead/eyebrow droop after Botox. It is easier to correct the outer eyebrow arch elevation by placing one or two units in the unopposed frontalis forehead muscle which is elevating the eyebrow than it is to try to lift the eyebrow or forehead enough, with Botox, to make the patient feel more satisfied.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox for an arched eyebrow

+1

It is difficult to predict which effect will wear off sooner.  I treat the forehead very conservatively to prevent the eybrows from drooping but if it did occur, it would only last a matter of weeks.  More units are injected into the frown which could cause the Spock brow so it could last longer, but it is so simple to adjust by placing a tiny amount of Botox above the area that the Spock brow shouldn't last any time at all.  Your cousin should be treated by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to try and prevent any disappointment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.