Botox on Eyebrow?

Dear Dr i have 1 eyebrow raised more than the other one giving me a tired look on1 of my eyelids ive consulted a plastic surgeon and he told me that botox could help fix this problem and that he would use a small dose because the eyebrow raise is minor My Question is will botox if being used for years on any circumstance/level cause problems to my face? or look deformed like ''Jocelyn Wildenstein'' even if abit? im really afraid of using it and would rather not use if it might happen like that

Botox for eyebrow

+2

Botox can be used to raise or lower an eyebrow to a some degree.  It sounds as if the difference between your eyebrows is minor, so I think Botox would be a good option to try to even out your eyebrow appearance.  Botox should not cause any long term problems or deformity to your face.  The effect from Botox normally lasts from about three to six months, so if you don't like the way it looks for some reason, your appearance will return to normal after it wears off.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to lift

+1

Yes, Botox can be used to lift up one side that is not symmetrical, however, it's best to have a thorough assessment with a well-trained and experienced injector to determine exactly what's going on.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox to elevate the eyebrow

+1

Botox has been used for many years off-label to provide a brow lift of 1-3mm. It is subtle, and most women are very happy with this. In highly trained & experienced hands, you will have no deformities at all.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for the eyebrows

+1

Botox can work very well with adjusting asymmetric eyebrows.  We often use it to help sculpt the eyebrows and create a nice arch.  Usually, very small quantities are needed for this purpose. It can also be used to address your issue.  Botox should not have any long term negative effects since it is not permanent and typically lasts up to 6 months.  

Ritu Saini, MD

Botox can improve eyebrow asymmetry

+1

Hi,

We have routinely and successfully treated mild dynamic eyebrow asymmetry with botox. Typically a small dosage is enough to improve the asymmetry of the eyebrows. We have not seen any unusual or negative side effects with our patients who has been treated for years with Botox. Because Botox effect is transient, I believe it's worth a while to try it once to see if you like it and determine yourself whether you like the use of Botox to correct your eyebrow asymmetry.

Sincerely,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

No known problems using Botox for years to raise eyebrow

+1

To date, there are no known problems using Botox on a long term basis to even minor differences in eyebrow height.  Botox itself does not cause deformity of the face with long term use as long as the injections are done properly by a skilled injector.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox use to even asymmetric eyebrows

+1

Botox can be safely used to help even out asymmetric eyebrows.  I have used Botox for this purpose in a number of patients, over several years, without adverse effects.  Another alternative treatment would be a browlift to correct the asymmetry.  However this surgical treatment would carry the usual risks of surgery and would be substantially more expensive.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Botox to fix eyebrow unevenness

+1

An experienced injector can absolutely use Botox to effectively alter eyebrows and help even them out. I have several patients who I have done Cosmetic Botox on every few months for over 15 years, and there is not one side effect.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for Eyebrow Shaping

+1

Botox is very effective for eyebrow shaping. It can be used to lower the elevated eyebrow or comservatively raise the low eyebrow. The results last about three months but can be repeated. There are no known long term side effects and Botox has been used clinically for nearly 20 years. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon