No Prior Wrinkles, Had Botox Injections in Forehead and Crows Feet. What Can I Expect?

I am a 22 year old male with no wrinkles who was just injected with 25 units of BOTOX. I got 12 in the crows feet, 8 in my forehead and 5 in between the eyes. Would you be able to tell me what kind of results I should be expecting? Trying to manage my expectations. Thank you.

No Wrinkles Before Botox = No Wrinkles After

+1

If you had no wrinkles before the Botox injections, you likely won't notice much afterward. However, that's not to say that the Botox isn't effective. In fact, you'll be preventing wrinkles in the first place. What you may notice is an inability to furrow your brow, or lift your eyebrows like you used to, and when you do, lines won't be created. When you smile and lift your cheeks, you should see less lines form on the outer corners of your eyes. 

Low dose botox

+1

Botox is usually used to minimize the presence of lines, or wrinkles, that are visible at rest. Young individuals who have no wrinkles yet, may ask for treatment to delay the onset of wrinkles but this can be a costly treatment as Botox lasts for about three to four months and if lines do become noticable later in life, then Botox can be done soon thereafter. Low dose Botox will not completely eliminate muscle movement and lines can still form. When you see your doctor in followup they should evaluate how much muscle movement you still have to determine what your result is.  The onset of Botox's full effect may take two weeks so schedule an appointment with your doctor for two to three weeks after your treatment.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox expectations

+1

It's great to start early with Botox as it can prevent wrinkles from forming in the first place.  When you frown, squint, or smile, you probably have visible lines in those areas which disappear when you are no longer making those facial expressions.  After your Botox treatment, you should notice a decrease in the lines even when you make those facial expressions.  If the amount of the residual lines is to your liking, then you received the proper amount of Botox.  If you still have more lines than you would like, you should get more Botox to achieve the look you're after.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist