Botox Effect for Focal Dystonia?

I am 26, and I have been suffering from focal dystonia on my hand. I am having much difficulty when writing and working using my fingers. I had Botox injected for this on April 16, but I still have no relief. When will I begin to see results?

Botox treatment of focal dystonia effecting the hand

+1

You should have seen relief by this point. Did you have EMG guided injections? This may be better able to focus on the effected muscle groups. Contact your physician and notify them of your results.

Takes about a week

+1

It takes about a week to see the effects of Botox, especially the first time you use it. It is possible that you did not have enough injected, but in the hand you have to be careful to not put to much in because it may cause weakness.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon