Can I get Botox or Dysport if I am taking antibiotics for Cellulitis near my eye?

Botox with active facial infection

+1
Although Botox is safe and effective to use while on antibiotics, it should not be given with an active infection anywhere near the injection site.  The inflammation and swelling could lead to migration of the Botox into other parts of the face, or the infection could be spread by the needle as it is being used. 

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport

+1
I would recommend not to get any botox, dysport or any cosmetic treatment if you have an active infection.   Wait until the infection clears.

Dr. Daniel Radin, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Dermatologist

Daniel Radin, MD
Windsor Dermatologist

Botox with Cellulitis

+1
I would not recommend getting Botox while you have an active infection near the area that is being treated. You don't want to risk the infection spreading or worsening. Don't worry, your cellulitis will hopefully resolve within a week or so and you can always get Botox at that time once the infection has cleared up. Be well!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox and cellulitis

+1
I would not recommend this to a patient if they were seeking botox from me while an infection is being treated.  Cellulitis can be very severe and spread into the eye socket.  I would check with your prescribing physician.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cellulitis

+1
Hi Steph.  Cellulitis is a serious infection and if the injections were to be anywhere near the procedure site, we would not recommend treatment.  If you were doing the forehead or glabella and the injection were below the eyes, that might be different, but any injections should be clearly outside the infected area.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox and Cellulitis Around The Eye

+1
I would avoid any injection treatment into an area that is infected.  Further, cosmetic treatments should be avoided when someone has any infection in or on the body.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and antibiotics

+1
It would be best to avoid Botox until your antibiotics are done. Not because there is an issue between the two. But because your Cellulitis needs to resolve.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD