Botox Dosage for Brow Lift?

Hello, if you please I want to know the ideal botox dosage to be injected in frontalis and depressor muscles to getthe best brow lift, and would it give a lateral brow lift also??If it doesn't where should my dr. inject to give me a lateral brow lift. Best Regards,

Botox browlift

+2

Hi, 

Your question is a good one but a little confused if I may say so.

The "botox browlift" is essentially selective treatment of the brow depressor muscles (corrugators, depressor supercilli, procerus, lateral orb oculi) in isolation. This leaves the elevator (Frontalis) to work unopposed and raises the brow.

To answer you question there is no "ideal" dosage to achieve this. It depends on your own muscle position, density, brow postion etc. The most important factor is to have someone who understands this assess you prior to treatment and then selectively target the appropriate muscles. Frontalis should NOT be treated at all!

Hope this helps.

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox dosage

+1

Falawieh,

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Botox dosages are based on the patients skin type, brow heaviness, their brow activity, the crow's feet stamped appearance, and the size and bulk of the muscle among other factors. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon in your area that is recommended or is highly regarded and get his or her opinion on the ideal dose for you. If you've never had it before, I wouldn't be surprised, and I think a good plastic surgeon will tell you, that your first injection will be conservative and then have come back at 2 weeks to tweak the last little bit to determine your muscle 'fingerprint' in the upper face. Good luck

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and brow lift

+1

Without seeing you in person to address your specific areas of concern, it is very difficult to answer this question appropriately. Every practice has a standard, and the definitive number of units is hard to "cookie cutter" - or assume would work on each individual face. There is a range that is typically effective,and consulting with an informed and reputable provider is the first step.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox Dosage and location of injection is individualized

+1

Botox weaken the muscle that is injected. The position of the eyebrow is determined by a balance between the Frontalis muscles that elevate and the Corrugators, Orbicularis and pProcerus muscles that pull down the eyebrows in addition to the Gravity. The stronger the muscle , the more units of Botox is needed for that muscle. The location of each injection is also important to weaken only certain portion of the muscle. As example, if the entire forehead muscle is weakened, this will result on the dropping of the eyebrows. Therefore the dosage and location of the injected Botox is individualized for each patient

You should select an experienced plastic surgeon with good reputation and just tell the doctor your problems, concerns and your goals.  He or she should  determine what is the dosage needed for you after examining your facial muscles in action. 

A. H. Nezami, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Botox browlift

+1

I have been performing Botox injections for cosmetic uses for over 13 years now before Botox had cosmetic indications.  If the Botox is indicated I examine the patient for individualized dosages.  I look for the dynamics of the muscle functions and forehead laxity for determining proper dosage to the appropriate musculature for the optimal results 

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Botox and brow lift

+1

There is not defined ideal dose of botox that will give the perfect result. This is individualized for each patient's needs.

Botox treatment is individualized

+1

Brow position and shape is a good example of why experience and technique are so important with Botox injections. Brow position is determined largely by a balance between the muscles that elevate (frontalis) and the ones that pull down (corrugators and orbicularis.) injecting only the frontalis will cause brow drop not lift. 

Richard Baxter, MD

It depends on many factors.

+1

I agree completely with Dr. Hull.  The dosages vary depending on your problem, goals, and muscle strength etc.  A skilled injector should be able to give you good results in most cases.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane F.  Smith

Lane Smith, MD

BOTOX for Browlift

+1

While every patient is not the same, treatment recommendations may vary from patient to patient as well as injecter to injector.  WIthout a picture, it is difficult to give you recommendations; however, I will share with you what I initially tend to treat my patients desiring browlift without surgery.  I would start with 20 units and treat the muscles in between your eyes (procerus and corrugators).  I would have you return for a 2 week followup and evaluate the lift you achieved.  If more lift is desired, then I would consider treating the upper lateral obicularis to give your brow tail a lift if needed or treating above or in the brow to obtain more medial lift.  I typically would use another 10 units to these areas.  Again, every injector has their own approach.  I encourage you to find an experienced injector who is knowledgable about muscle anatomy and functions needed to achieve a browlift.  Hope this helps.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Ideal Botox dosage for brow lift

+1

Unfortunately there is no blanket answer to your question.

The position of the eyebrows depends on a number of factors and the influence of each factor individually will vary from person to person.

Muscle activity is one of these factors. Frontalis activity raises the eyebrows and creates horizontal lines across the forehead. Botoxing the Frontalis reduces horizontal lines in the areas where the injections are placed but if the injections are placed just above the eyebrows brow descent may result.

The Orbicularis Occuli is a depressor of the lateral brow and for some people injections of Botox into the upper lateral Orbicularis just beneath the eyebrow will change the balance of muscle activity allowing some elevation of the lateral brow.

The other factors affecting brow position include skin tone - as we age skin elasticity decreases which increases brow descent, and a decrease of volume around the orbital cavity. Neither of these factors are influenced by Botox injections.

Botox injections around the inner eyebrow region can have the effect of producing some brow descent if the injections are superficial or elevation if the injections are deep.

All this means that you really need to consult with an experienced injector who will be able to assess your forehead and brow region and tell you whether  Botox injections will be likely to produce a satisfactory elevation of your lateral brows or some other form of treatment (skin tightening, increased volume or surgical brow lift) would be more appropriate.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon