If Botox 'relaxes' the muscles, will this make the rest of the face look more droopy with age?

I've been having Botox in my forehead for around 6 years now - I am 53. My question is …. if Botox 'relaxes' the muscles, will this make the rest of the face look more droopy with age? I have had the treatment administered by two aesthetic qualified nurses during this time but I wonder whether the latest nurse (a year with her) is confident about this work. I'd really like that smooth forehead look I used to get and wonder whether I should try another doctor/nurse.

Botox and droopyness

+1
when done by an expert practitioner Botox/Dysport are safe molecules which can consistently give results.
warm regards
prashant
India Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not cause muscles to droop with age

+1
Botox does not cause the muscles in the face to droop with age, but the natural aging process can cause muscles and skin to sag. Botulinum toxin injections relax muscle to create a smooth surface and diminish deep lines/wrinkles.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/cosmetic/cos_botox.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is temporary

+1
and will not make your face droop.  But continued aging will contribute to drooping as is what happens with everyone else.  I personally do not like paralyzing your whole forehead as your brows will inevitably droop until your muscle function returns. 

See A Cosmetic Dermatologist

+1
You should be going to a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in facial cosmetic treatments such as neuromodulators, peels, lasers, and fillers.  You should get a full facial asessment and have a long term plan for anti-aging and wrinkle prevention, which typically includes other treaments besides neurotoxins such as fillers, peels, lasers and topical creams including sunscreen and serums.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.