Botox Didn't Work For Underarm Sweating?

i had a botox injection in my armpit and after 4 days it worked amazing and sweating stopped 90% ... but after 2 weeks the effect stopped and the sweating came back as always .. why is that ? my doctor didnt know why and she said come back after 2 month to do it again .. will it work if i do it again ? i'm sure that the botox is real and not a fake product so what is the problem ? please help me i'm so sad + i'm a girl so sweating is a really big problem for me

+1

It would be very helpful to know how many units were applied. The recommended dosage for hyperhidrosis is usually 50 units on each underarm, a total of 100 units for full correction. It may be you need more units applied or need a touch up, let your medical provider know about the situation, i'm sure they will be more then happy to see you for a follow up. 

Best regards 

Botox for underarms

+1

I find that Botox is a great answer to axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating). It would be interesting to know how many units were injected to each underarm. Every individual is different in their need, but it could be that you needed more. Usually it takes anywhere from 2.5-4 months for botox to be metabolized through the body. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Combining Botox with Drysol may work better for you

+1

Botox works great for underarm sweating when the right amount is injected. Sometimes we combine it with Drysol.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1
  • Sometimes this can happen. It is very unlikely that false Botox was used by an MD. You can always ask for the Botox vial to be reconstituted in the exam room. I suggest asking for a starch iodine test to be done before the treatment to identify the extent and area of sweating and help in guiding the areas to be injected. This can be repeated a week later to assess the response. You may also need a higher dose if the response is not adequate.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for underarm sweating.

+1

Since you had an initial response to the Botox injections, you may require a higher dose to help it last longer for you.  Please return to your physician and discuss a higher dosage.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for Underarm Sweating

+1

The average number of units of Botox to treat excessive underarm sweating is 50 Units per underarm. That being said, some people may require more and some may require less. Sometime's it takes more than one treatment session to figure out what the right dosing is for you. The effects of Botox usually last 3-4 months, but for some people it may last less. You may either require an increased dose or a shorter interval between your treatments. This is best discussed with your doctor. Good luck to you!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox did not work for underarm sweating

+1

Since you say you did notice an effect for a few weeks after the Botox for underarm sweating, I would look at the dosage that was used to treat you.  It is possible that enough was not used to give you a longer lasting result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon