I got botox 2 days ago and see no results. Is there a chance it won't work on me?

Give BOTOX® Cosmetic at Least a Week

+1

Many people see absolutely no change at the 2-day mark after BOTOX injections. It usually takes about 7 to 10 days for full results to develop. If you don't see any change by that point, consult your injector, who should be able to give you an explanation and improve your treatment. Good luck!

I got Botox 2 days ago and see no results. Is there a chance it won't work on me?

+1

It can take up to one week for the Botox to show full effect. I would recommend giving it some time. Following up with your provider would be the next best step if you still do not see a result after a week. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Still Seeing No Results?

+1

Dear writer, Thank you for your question. If you get Botox and then decide to stop, the lines where you got Botox injected will gradually return to its original prominence, and you’ll experience more movement in that area. Botox typically lasts on average from three to four months depending on how constant you get it. Generally, the more you do injectable treatments the less you need them. Although, every individual’s body and muscles react differently so it's best to check on this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Thanks again for your question and I am happy to be of service.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

No Botox Results After 2 Days

+1

As an expert injector, I usually tell my patients that Botox results can take about a week to show. If you are not seeing optimal results after a week, I suggest you visit your treating physician for a follow up.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

When to expect botox results

+1

Typically Botox Cosmetic starts to take effect within a few days after treatment, but it can take up to two weeks for the full results to kick in. I find that Botox for the treatment of hyperhydrosis can take longer to fully take effect. Hopefully, you are starting to see some nice results, but if you do not by two weeks you should go back to you Dr. for an evaluation and possible reinjection.

Lynne Haven, MD
Greenwich Dermatologist

+1

Botox usually takes a full 7-10 days to fully kick in before seeing your result, its to early to tell if it had any affect on you

Botox Results

+1

Typically, Botox injections take between 7-10 days to see the full result. If you still don't see a result after 10 days, you should follow up with your doctor.

Paul M. Gardner, MD, FACS
Naples Plastic Surgeon

+1
Usually at 2 days after injections you can just begin to see results from Botox. They typically do not show full effects until 7-10 days after the injections were done. Wait until then before following up with your injector.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

What to expect after treatment with Botox

+1

In most patients, Botox will begin to show effects at 2 days after the injection and show full effect in 7-10 days. If at that time you still see no effect, follow up with your doctor as he/she will most likely be willing to remedy this.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

I got Botox 2 days ago and don't see any changes

+1

Botox results can take 7-10 days for full effects. Usually first time users see the results faster simply because the muscles aren't used to being worked on and they respond quickly. If you aren't seeing what you expected after a week, return to your injector for an evaluation.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD