I had botox six days ago and have not noticed any improvements around the eye area why?

How long does it take for Botox to take effect?

+1
Botox can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks to reach maximum effect. I always ask a patient who is new to Botox, or just new to me as their physician, to return for a visit at 2 or 3 weeks. I can assess the results, verify that the dose and the pattern of placement is the right one, and make a note if there's something we might want to change for the next Botox session. My philosophy of Botox for a new patient is to be conservative with the dose; I can add more Botox at the follow-up visit if necessary.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox results

+1
It can take up to 2 weeks to see the full benefit from Botox.  If you are still not happy at that time, please return to your injector for assessment.  You may require more Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox Results

+1
Sometimes it can take up to 2 weeks for the Botox to work. I would give it a few more days and if it doesn't improve, then you may want to follow up with your treatment provider.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Botox usually takes around 10 days to see full results. If you are still not satisfied by that time, I recommend seeing your treating doctor.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

Botox usually takes a full 7-10 days to fully kick in before seeing your final result, I suggest you follow up with your medical provider, he/she would know how many units were applied and the dilution. 

Improvement time frame with Botox

+1

Botox usually takes 10 days to reach full effect. By that time you should clearly see that the muscle motion in the treated area is diminished. If you have deeper wrinkles it can take them more time to relax out even after the Botox has reached full effect.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox six days ago

+1

I tell my patients to give Botox two weeks to take its full effect. Six days is a bit early to judge final results. Be patient

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

I had Botox six days ago and have not noticed any improvements around the eye area?

+1

Botox can take up to one week to take effect. If you still do not see a result, I would recommend following up with your provider so he or she can determine if you need a touch up. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Timeline of Botox improvement will vary

+1

Good Morning Debansell,

Each person's response to Botox can vary. I usually tell my patients that they should begin to see improvement within three days, but that they can continue to see results for up to two weeks. Having said that, if in two weeks there is still no noticeable improvement it may be that the dose was not quite high enough and additional treatment may be necessary.

Treatment around the eyes can also be less effective if a lot of the wrinkling is under the eyes or extending down onto the cheek. These lines are often worsened with movement of the cheek when smiling, which is not an area that can be safely or effectively treated with Botox.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

No improvement six days after Botox

+1

It sometimes can take a week or so to see the full effect after a Botox treatment, so I would recommend waiting a few more days. If you are seeing absolutely no effect after 10 days, I would contact the physician who treated you to evaluate your results.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon