Can Botox Be Used for Only Crows Feet?

i am 27 and only have crows feet.

Yes, Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) injections can be used selectively for treatment of crow's feet.

+1

Yes, Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox)  injections can be used selectively for treatment of crow's feet.

Botox for Crows Feet

+1

Certainly. BOTOX® is very frequently used for crows feet alone. Although BOTOX® administration for crows feet is considered off-label, it is a perfectly acceptable treatment that has been administered by many doctors to many patients for many years.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Crow's Feet

+1

Absolutely, you can use Botox only for crow's feet wrinkles. There is no contraindication for this. It actually will help you improve this area with very little risks if performed by a qualified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Where can Botox be used?

+1

If your primary concern is crow's feet, the small lines on the outer edges of the eyes commonly referred to as smile lines, then that's all that needs to be treated.

On the other hand, we do have patients that are interested in treating other areas of the face as well.

Forehead (horizontal wrinkle lines)

Glabella (vertical frown lines between eyes)

Brow (Botox browlift for lifting and arching of the eyebrows and opening of heavy lids)

Smoker's Lines (vertical wrinkle lines above upper lip)

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox works great for crow's feet

+1

Yes, Botox can be used on crow's feet alone.  Many patients are concerned about this area, in particular in the summer months as the sun is much brighter and squinting becomes a significant factor.  It softens the lines and makes them less apparent.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and crow's feet

+1

I assume you  mean can I only have ther crow's feet treated with Botox.  I do this all the time for patients.  Everyone requires different things.

Botox be used for only crows feet

+1

Absolutely, it can be used on OlNLY the crow's feet. I use about 5 to 10 units per side. Yes, it is off label use, but it has been done to milions of patients.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Botox and crows feet

+1

if you're asking can Botox be used for the crows feet as a solitary treatment, the answer is yes. Many patients come in to my practice for just this indication.  But, if you're asking if Botox can be used for other areas as well, despite you only having crows feet, you probably won't receive Botox in other areas but it is used for the glabellar " 11 " between the eyebrows, the forehead,off label uses also include: lifting  the corners of the mouth by injecting the DAO near the jawbone, improving the dimpled chin, vertical lip lines in selected patients who understand the risks and neck bands.

Ronald Shelton, MD

It is off-label, but common

+1

Most under 30 patients get Botox for brow lift and early crow's feet. Only the glabellar (frown complex) is FDA aaproved for Botox and Dysport, but the use on crow's feet and for a chemical brow lift is quite common. I find younger patients need it less frequestly: about twice per year.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Crow's feet at 27? A little early for Botox but it can be done

+1

Hard to believe that you really need treatment for crow's feet at 27, but you would not be alone. When injecting that area, it is also done for brow shaping, so often it is a combination of things. I do have patients in their 20's who do Botox there, more for preventive maintenance than for deep wrinkles.

Richard Baxter, MD