Botox Cost for Palmar Hyperhidrosis

I am wondering how much Botox costs to treat palmar hyperhidrosis. I believe most doctors inject a total of 1 vial between the two hands and that a vial costs a physician around $500. Yet, it seems prices are quoted significantly higher than this. Are doctors adding their own markup? Also are there any insurance companies that will cover the cost of Botox for palmar hyperhidrosis?

Botox for Palmer Hyperhidrosis runs $1500-2000 and lasts about 6-12 months.

+3

Botox or Dysport for Palmer Hyperhidrosis costs about $1500-2000 and lasts about 6-12 months on an average.  For patients suffering from this condition, these shots have been a god-send.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1
The cost of treatment depends on many factors, including how much Botox is required, who is doing the injecting, and what country you're in (Botox is more expensive in some countries). Make sure you are treated by a dermatologist to optimize safety and results. Most people get a sweating reduction of between 4-12 months duration (the more you use your hands, the less it lasts). The cost out of pocket in Canada would be around $1100.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating excessively sweaty palms typically requires 100 units for each palm...

+1

the procedure generally is considerably more involved than using botox for cosmetic treatment of facial wrinkles...requires more doctor and staff time...costs vary with a large number of factors not the least of which is geography...costs more in NYC and LA than in most of the country...but that's something you need to discuss with your doctor...on average the cost approximates $20 a week for treating a palm...but the alternatives are not nearly as satisfactory...insurance companies usually cover treatment for sweaty underarms but fewer cover other sweaty areas...hope you opt for treatment and are satisfied with the ability to shake someone's hand without embarrasement... 

Ken Landow, MD

Botox for Hyperhidrosis of the Palms

+1

Botox for hyperhidrosis of the palms is expensive and costs over 1500 USD in most centers. You need approximately 100 sticks in each hand (palms, thenar and hypothenr eminences), base of metacarpals, all areas of the fingers and pulps of the fingers and fingertips. At 1 unit of Botox for each injection at 100 injections in each palm is most successful. Two hands, two hundred units. If you pay less, you get less and less means less effective treatments. There is 'no mark-up' as you suggest. You are paying for the product, doctor time, preparation time, time spent in the office while you are getting topical anesthetic, nurses overseeing your progress, overhead, malpractice insurance ..... you get what you pay for. Insurances do pay for Botox - that is if you are paying for good insurance. Bad insurance products (cheap premiums) will not pay for expensive treatments. Each insurance has it's specific criteria for authorization for Botox injections for hyperhidrosis. Oh, I forgot to mention that it takes hours for the doctor to communicate with your insurance company to get them to pay for your Botox treatments.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox for palmar hyperhidrosis

+1

I agree that you would most likely require a whole vial of Botox or 100 units.  The cost should range from $800 to $1500.  It is costly, but is very beneficial and the patients I have treated have been very happy.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and treatment

+1

Every body is different., Remember just because the product costs about $500 to the doctor, you are paying for his expertise. He also factors in supplies, itme, staff costs, jinsurance, etc.. That is how the price is set.

Price for Botox palmar hyperhidrosis

+1

Let me get this straight: So if a doctor pays $500 for a vial, you want the doctor to charge you $500 and do it for absolutely no mark up? By the way, it costs more than that

Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1

I would recommend checking with your insurance company. Many companies cover this procedure and set the price that they will reimburse either you or the doctor. If insurance doesnt cover, then the price is set by the individual physician.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon