How Much Does Botox Cost for Gummy Smile?

I have a "gummy smile" and I learned that you can get Botox injected into the muscle to relax your upper lip so it covers your gums when you smile. I would like to know how much this would cost me?

Expect to pay about $200-300 for the upper lip "Gummy Smile" fix with Botox

+3

Botox or Dysport both work well in the upper lip for the "gummy smile" to make it look better and lasts about 3-4 months for the $200-300 cost you will incur. It is so worth it. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Gummy smile treated by Botox

+2

Off label uses of Botox on the lower face, require expertise. There is a chance you won't like the result if the upper lip lowers too much. It should't require more than 2 units per side (total of 4 units) but you are paying for the expertise in this situation and not necessarily for the number of units of Botox. I usually start wtih a lower dose and work up if needed. The cost could be a few or several hundred dollars or less depending on the physician and location of the practice.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Gummy smile and Botox

+1

Yes, Botox can be used to treat a gummy smile but  it may also paralyze the lip too much, and prevent you from smiling correctly. Just be careful.

Botox cost for gummy smile

+1

Around $350 in my practice. But you should research the fees and usage in each office. There are wide variations, so be careful out there. Merry Merry.

Not too much

+1

Injections into the levator muscle to lower the lip and hide showy gums takes only about 4 units total, but you are not just paying for the Botox. You are paying for the expertise of the doctor. This is a tricky injection so choose wisely. Caution: Do not do this if you have a long upper lip or very thin lips.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox to Correct Gummy Smile

+1

Hi Lgat,

It should take about 4 to 8 units of Botox to correct a gummy smile.  Botox is priced at anywhere from $8-15 per unit.  You do the math and hopefully the answer will give you a non-gummy smile.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox for Gummy Smile easy and inexpensive

+1

The total dosage for Botox when treating a gummy smile is between 2 and 4 units. The cost per unit is between $10 and $15. My advice would be to treat on the lower end of the scale and see how you like it. Most people like the improvement, but it does affect your smile.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox Correction of the Gummy smile

+1

Since it does not take more than 5-10 units of Botox to correct the Gummy Smile, the cost will be very reasonable. It can be combined with correcting down-turned corners of the mouth which also does not require a lot of Botox.

Most importantly, to avoid becoming a walking example of BAD BOTOX, I would make sure that the treatment is done by an experienced Board certified Plastic surgeon / ENT or Dermatologist who is VERY familiar with facial anatomy and NOT by an aesthetician or other injector.

To read everything you need to know about Botox, follow the link below -

Dr. P. Aldea