What is the Most Cost-effective Way to Pay for Botox?

Is it more cost-effective to buy units of Botox based on what you think you'll need for correction (even future correction), or is it more cost effective to pay per treatment?

I guess the question is more or less buying in bulk, so to speak, versus pay-per-visit based on what he uses? Is this even possible to ask your dermatologist/plastic surgeon if you can buy a quantity he can keep in stock for you to be used ongoing?

Cost effective botox

+1

It may be more cost effective to buy a package for long term. You must compare the number of units you are buying. This way you can compare with other offers.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Botox Club

+1

There are some offices that run Botox clubs which will allow you pay a discounted fee for current and future treatments.  We offer a similar program.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Buying Botox in Bulk

+1

Botox once reconstituted does not last forever. I don't think it necessarily makes sense to consider buying it in bulk ahead of time. I am not sure why that would occur to you. To buy it ahead of time and have the doctor keep it frozen and not reconstituted is the only way this would work, but I don't know how that would be an advantage, to either of you.

There are two main traditional ways to purchase Botox. By the "area", and by the "unit". I recommend finding a board-certified, legitimate dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discussing the realities of the costs associated with optimal, realistic results, and basing your decisions on that. I don't think it's worth considering buying a year's worth of treatments ahead of time.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Cost effective botox

+1

I really never heard about buying botox the way you described. I charge per area of treatment and discount it for multiple areas.

Is it possible to buy Botox in bulk?

+1

Hi Ralsteve. We do know of medical practices that sell Botox in bulk form. In that situation, the patient would pay a discounted rate for buying $100 units of Botox rather than say paying full price each time they came in for injections.

This is actually more of a straight math question than anything else. If you don't mind someone else having your money for some time (the prepayment option) then it might be worth paying in bulk to get a better price.

At our office, we do not offer this option and patients pay only for what they have injected that day.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Most effective way to pay is by the units you need for the specific areas

+1

The best results achieved by injection of Botox is determined by the number of units injected in each specific zone. The physician, through a precise examination, determines how many units are needed.

The best way to purchase this from the physician is to pay for the units used.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Price per unit is the best for Botox

+1

It's much more cost effective to pay only for what you use instead of a price that may be more. Botox cannot be kept for you as each vial is reconstituted each time a patient needs it. Once reconstituted, it won't last long before it is weakened.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Most Cost Effective Way to Pay For Botox....Cold Cash

+1

Hi R,

Speak with your treating physician to find out the best way for you to maintain your youthful appearance. Some charge by the unit, some by the area, others a flat fee to keep you looking your best. Ask if they offer a cash discount. Most importantly remember that it's the injector, not the Botox that will give you great results. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox can not be stored

+1

Office offer Botox in units or by area, but the treatment is the same. It is just the way they bill. Usually when they charge by area, you do not know the dilution or how many units you are receiving. Botox can not be stored for future use. When you are buying the units, you are buying them for that day only. If someone is telling you something else, they may be confused. Good luck with your injections.

David Shafer, MD

Botox is charged several ways

+1

Botox comes as a freeze-dried sterile prep. It must be re-constituted with sterile saline, and the manufacturer states that after re-constitution, it has a shelf life for 4 hours.

There are several ways to charge/bill for Botox treatments. I hear more and more that people pay by the unit. I charge by the area. For the patient, I feel that this is a better deal, because they will get the treatment treated no matter how many units it takes. Some may say, well I only needed a few units so I didn't get as good a deal. I don't charge an overly high rate for the treatment, and I almost never have to do a touch up.

Otherwise, I don't see how you can get a bulk rate?

Scott E. Kasden, MD