Correcting Droopy Brows After Botox?

I recently had my first experience with Botox, which was administered by an RN, and my eyebrows have dropped. Having gained a very quick education, I will go to reputable plastic surgeon in the future.

The RN is unaware that I have had a problem. If the eyebrow drop can be reduced by injecting the antagonistic muscle, should I approach her for a correction or is this better left to the doctor?

Droopy eyelid corrected by Botox Cosmetic

+1

Yes, droopy eyebrows may be partially corrected by specific use of Botox Cosmetic. It is injected into areas to help reduce the natural downward pull of the eyebrow. Depending on each particular person, the degree of brow lift varies, but usually it's never as good as a surgical cosmetic forehead lift. Nonsurgical brow lifts are only temporary, lasting a few months.

You may go to anyone who specializes in cosmetic Botox, whether they are surgeons or nonsurgeons. There are very qualified nurses who inject too. Laws vary by state. Best of luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Be Partially Corrected

+1

Brow drops occur when too much Botox is injected into the forehead or the injector has injected Botox too close to the eyebrows.

As you implied, partial correction can be obtained be injecting into the depressor muscles around the glabella. This elevates the brow and will provide partial compensation.

Most brow drops, unless severe correct in a few weeks.

If the nurse works for a plastic surgeon or dermatologist I would ask them to perform the correction. Otherwise, you might ask the "medical director". However, be cautious; sadly sometimes the medical director involvement is limited to his investment or he is "lending" his license. He might have even less experience than the nurse.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist