Botox for Wrinkles on Either Side of Chin?

I have a wrinkle/fine line on either side of my chin. I have tried "wrinkle filler" creams, but they haven't worked. Would Botox be a remedy for this?

Maybe...it all depends on the wrinkles...botox is often used into the chin and muscles

+1

just on either side...called the DAO...and botox is a good choice for these areas...but if you mean the chin crease that often looks like an upside down U...then you're looking at a filler...so could be you need either one or both choices...need to visit your provider and find out which choice correctly melds with your needs...good luck...

Fillers Not Botox

+1

Fro what you are describing, I do not think Botox would benefit you very much. In fact, this area is so fraught with difficulty that most physicians are quite wary of injecting this region with Botox.

Fillers, especially the hyaluronic fillers are ideal for this area. As someone who uses both Juvderm and Restylane, I prefer the latter for this area. Besides, the results will last twice as long compared to Botox.

I am not sure what you mean by "wrinkle filler " cream. In my opinion while some creams might help smooth wrinkles, I am far more impressed with these creams as preventive agents. Patients of mine who stuck with the program 25 years ago ( and darn I wish I had taken photos) of Retin A at night and Aquaglycolic ( from Herald Pharmacal, the originator of glycolic acid products) in the morning, look a decade younger than their peers. It is never to late to start, especially since we have many more colors on our anti-aging palette.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Injectable options

+1

Without seeing you I can only speculate, but iIwould say in general that "wrinkle filler creams" are unlikely to do much for established wrinkles. Botox works by relaxing hyperactive muscles that can result in lines such as the vertical lines between the eyebrows. In the lower face, in particular the lines that run from the corner of the mouth toward the chin, a filler is more likely to be recommended. Good ones for this are Restylane and Juvederm.

Richard Baxter, MD