If Botox Causes a Droop to my Eyelid (Which I Didnt Have Before), Will Everything Return to Normal when the Botox Wears Off?

Botox eyelid droop will definitley improve...

+2

Botox eyelid droop occurs when the injected solution migrates to the eyelid elevators.  The duration of this complication depends on the volume of this migrant Botox affecting your eyelid muscles and will improve over the ensuing weeks.  If the droopiness is severe it can be improved with prescription eye drop medications.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Botox and eyelid droop

+1

Eyelid droop is one of the rare possible side effects of Botox.  The good news is that it is only temporary and will go away in a few weeks as the Botox wears off.  In the meantime, Iopidine eyedrops will temporarily improve things to get you by until the eyelid normalizes.  I would call the doctor who did the injection and ask for an appointment and prescription for the eye drops.  Lana Long, M.D.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox droops go away, they are not permanent

+1

Any relaxation from botulinum toxin, whether Botox, Xeomin or Dysport, will resolve once the Botox wears off in three to four months on the face.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox eyelid droop

+1

The droop you get from Botox, which is rare in highly trained hands, always wears off when the Botox wears off. That said, you can use Iopidine eye drops as prescribed by your doctor for temporary improvement while waiting for the Botox to wear off. Make sure to let your doctor know of this side effect that you've had, and to ensure you're seeing a highly trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon to avoid this problem in the future. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelid droop is only temporary with Botox, and everything turns back to normal when it wears off.

+1

I'm sorry that you have had eyelid ptosis from your Botox.  This is a rare problem, and is only a temporary phenomenon.  It could happen to any physician, but the more experienced injectors will have this occur less.  Lopidine can lift the lid somewhat while the Botox is still causing drooping. 

Botox and eyelid droop

+1

Your eyelid ptosis (droop) will wear off in about 2 months.  In the meantime, your doctor can prescribe Iopidine drops which will help elevate your eyelid for a few hours at a time.  You should return to your injector so he/she can see the result and prevent it next time.

Toronto Dermatologist

Eyelid Droop after Botox IS Temporary

+1

This is a rare side effect of Botox treatment around the eye. It IS definitely temporary. The duration of eyelid droop (ptosis) depends on how much Botox diffused into the eyelid elevating muscle. Unfortunately, only time will tell. This usually lasts somewhere between 4-12 weeks. In the meantime, Iopidine drops are very effective to immediately elevate the eyelid. I would keep using the drops until your eyelid position is normal when you get up in the morning.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/botox-dysport-xeomin-neuromodulators

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is temporary

+1

A true eyelid droop is caused by unwanted spread of botox to a muscle that elevates your eyelid. It can be reversed by a prescription eye drop Iopidine, which causes Müller muscles to contract quickly, elevating the upper eyelid 1-3 mm. The effect is immediate, but the drops need to be repeated a few times per day until the droop resolves (usually a few weeks). To avoid droop in the future, injections should occur at least 1 cm above the eyebrow.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelid drop is ptosis

+1

Hi Josie,

Too much botox in the forehead can cause ptosis, which is drooping or the lower or upper eyelid.  Botox usually wears off 3 - 4 months - this is when you will notice an improvement of your eyelid.  I suggest you see your doctor to possible balance your botox out.

Dr. Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid drop from Botox

+1

An eyelid drop (NOT an eyebrow drop) is called ptosis. You have two choices: you can use some prescription eyedrops to help make this resolve faster, or you can wait until the Botox wears off. This is not permanent because Botox isn't permanent, so yes, over time the eyelid drop will resolve on its own.