Would a Botox Browlift Help with Droopy Eyelids?

I am 23 years old and I have a kind of droopy eyelids my plastic surgeon told me that eyelid surgery wouldn't make such a difference because a lot of it has to do with having low eyebrows and doesn't really think brow lift on someone my age is necessary or advantageous would a botox browlift help with my droopy eyelids... is it worth trying?

Botox and droopy eyelids

+1

In general, botox can help a droopy eyelid if it helps raise the brow. Your doctor has to be careful not to inject the forehead too aggressively because you probably rely on raising your brow to be able to see if you have droopy eyelids. Unfortunately, without seeing your photo and dynamic movement of your forehead and your eyes, it is hard to say. The best option is to find a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures to understand whether or not this would be helpful to you.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perhaps worth a try but you've got to be careful since there's a possibility that

+1

you'll get worse rather than better...always possible to lift the brows but only by a bit...and if you have heavy overlying brows, then botox may not be the answer...need to have an evaluation by your dermatologist or surgeon with this in mind...and just another thought...might be possible to get some lift with a little filler above the brow...ask your doctor if in your case this might make more sense...

Ken Landow, MD

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) for droopy eyelids and eyebrows

+1

I have used Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) for this purpose but it is very subtle and it works by throwing off the opposing muscle tensions around the eye,.Technically the eyebrows/eyelid are lifted by the forehead (frontalis) muscle but pulled down by the outer crow's feet muscles (orbicularis oculi). By weakening the latter, you allow the forehead to take over and exert an unopposed lifting effect on the eyebrow/eyelid

Botox brow lift

+1

At 23 I doubt that you would need surgery. If your brows are low, sometimes a little bit of botox laterally can raise them a bit.

At 23 Years old - Would a Botox Browlift Help?

+1

It's possible.  As other members of the panel have mentioned, it's difficult to say without evaluating you in person.  With that said, we are able to achieve some lift with a Botox browlift specifically with heavy lids rolling over the outer eye.  The lift actually pulls the eyelid at a 45 degree angle upward toward the temple, helping a heavy outer lid look less tired.  If this is your issue, perhaps the Botox can help.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox and brow lifting

+1

this is a good question, and better answered, by a physician injector who can see your  brow muscles and what you are trying to acheive. It sounds as though if Botox was recommended, then this may be a good option.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Botox or Dysport can lift the brow but will not replace a surgical browlift

+1

If your surgeon is telling you that you need a browlift, then you should consider getting a brow lift.  While most people who get browlifts are older, age is not a contraindication.  Botox or Dysport can give you a temporary lift of the eyebrows.  You can always try this.  If it works and you don't mind repeating it every few months then stick with it.  However, if you want a more long term result and don't mind having a browlift, then speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon about getting a brow lift.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Droopy brows can be helped with Botox, sometimes

+1

Great question.  Our practice is in the top 1% in the country for Botox and it has been my experience that Botox is usually effective to give a lift to the brow.  It doesn't always work ,though and the best way to find out is to try it!  Botox is the #1 cosmetic treatment in the world and is very popular.  Give it a try!

Good Luck,

Robert F. Gray,MD, FACS

Robert F. Gray, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift or botox lift for a 23 year old

+1

If you and your doctors feel that you are too young for a brow lift surgery, you might obtain some improvement, to "buy you time" with the use of Botox in the glabella (between the eyebrows) and outer eyebrow  which will help lift the eyebrow slightly. Some patients also get a lift of the droopy eyelid by injecting hyaluronic acid fillers into the eyebrow region and slightly below it.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox is worth trying but will not replace the browlift

+1

Botox is a reasonable option to lift the brow, in particular the outer edge. However, if your brow is low and a browlift will give you a pleasing result, I would recommend having an experienced plastic surgeon perform a browlift for you. 23 years old is somewhat young for a browlift but the alternative is years and years of repeated Botox treatments which will probably never be completely satisfactory to you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon