Would a Botox Browlift Help with Droopy Eyelids?

I am 23 years old and I have a kind of droopy eyelids my plastic surgeon told me that eyelid surgery wouldn't make such a difference because a lot of it has to do with having low eyebrows and doesn't really think brow lift on someone my age is necessary or advantageous would a botox browlift help with my droopy eyelids... is it worth trying?

It is difficult to answer your question without a picture.  However, with that said, your question raises the issue of the difference between a low-set BROW and a droopy eye-LID...

(1) We typically encounter a drooping eye-BROW after Botox treatment -- this may happen when the brow-elevating muscle in the forehead, the Frontalis, receives too high a dose of Botox, or alternatively, if the Botox is sub-optimally placed too low in the forehead. However, in your case, you may have a low set eyebrow to begin with, so if you were to receive any Botox to the forehead, this would increase the likelihood of a brow droop. Regardless, a droopy (or low-set) eyebrow can sometimes be improved with Botox injected into the outside part of the eye (the lateral aspect of the orbicularis oculi muscle) to generate a bit of a brow lift in that area -- by injecting Botox and paralyzing the orbicularis muscle that normally acts to depress the brow in that area, you may get a slight compensatory brow lift.  This would be temporary, obviously, until the Botox wears off in 3-4 months... 

(2) Though rare, when encountered, a droopy eye-LID may be seen after Botox -- this occurs if the Botox is injected too close to your eyelid-elevating muscle, the levator palpebra superioris. In such a scenario, the Botox will diffuse inadvertently onto the levator muscle and cause an eyelid droop. One may have an increased risk of eye-LID drooping if you have a weakened upper eyelid muscle for neurological reasons, or a deeply set eye-BROW that would be more prone to drooping (as discussed above) -- this would result in skin gathering over the eyelid making the eyelid appear like it was drooping, which may be what your physician is talking about. A droopy eye-LID can be treated with Apraclonidine eye-drops but less likely to improve with Botox as mentioned above for a low-set or droopy eye-BROW...

My recommendations are to seek the services of an experienced physician injector.

I think the key with Botox lies in truly understanding the anatomy of the injected area, and more importantly the variability in the anatomy between patients -- for brows, the forehead, and anywhere else you plan on receiving a Botox injection. This includes having a firm understanding of the origin, insertion, and action of each muscle that will be injected, the thickness of each muscle targeted, and the patient variability therein. As an aesthetic-trained plastic surgeon, I am intrinsically biased since I operate in the area for browlifts and facelifts, and have a unique perspective to the muscle anatomy since I commonly dissect under the skin and see the actual muscles themselves. For me, this helps guide where to inject and where not to. However, with that said, I know many Dermatologists who know the anatomy well despite not operating in that area, and get great results.

Good luck.

Dr Markarian