How Much Can Botox Lower a Brow?

By how many millimeters can Botox lower eyebrows? I'd like to lower my eyebrows by as much as a centimeter. If not, would an endoscopic reverse browlift give me these results (without changing the size of my forehead)?

Lowering eyebrows with Botox

+2

It is doubtful that your eyebrows can be lowered a full cm. with Botox but it does depend on how lax your forehead is. You may want your eyebrows lowered, but if your upper eyelids have begun to develop extra folds of skin, then once your eyebrows are lowered from Botox injections then your eyelids will fall down too and this may obstruct your upper field of vision, and it will not be aesthetically pleasing from the frontal view. See an experienced board-certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Brow lowering

+2

It is unusual to lower the brows.  The best way to do it is Botox (not surgery).  How much Botox will lower the brows depends on many factors.  Another reason your brows may be high is perhaps there are compensating for droopy eyelids.  I recommend an evaluation with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How low can you go- with Botox

+1

Botulinum toxin injections are a great way to corerect brow assymetries. Unfortunately in the rare patient they may experience drooping of the brow following forehead injections for the horizontal lines. For the patient who has a high brow, from previous surgery or are born with a high brow, botulinum toxin can be used to help lower the brow. The amount of lowering is directly related to the skin tone and muscle activity. Patients who can expect the greatest amount of lowering tend to be older with thin forehead skin and alot of forehead wrinkles. Younger patients generally can expect less settling.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botulinum toxin and brow lowering.

+1

Botulinum toxin does not necessarily lower the brow as much as it relaxes the brow and alllows it to come to a rested position.

Botox for lowering the eyebrow

+1

Botox is  typically used to raise the eyebrows or provide a "chemical brow lift."  However, if the forehead muscles are (over)-treated, this can actually lower the eyebrows since this muscle pulls up on the eyebrows.  This is often an unwanted side effect from someone who had too much Botox in their forehead.  However, this side effect could be used in your case with effect.  I urge you to choose your injector carefully.  Best of luck.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

How Much can Botox Lower my Brow?

+1

Hi anon.  Botox is unlikely to be able to lower your brow 1 cm.  Usually a couple mm's is the extent of the movement.  If you do have a lot of excess skin on the forehead, it my be possible to drop your brow further, but in doing so, it may create extremely heavy eyelids for you.  This trade-off is one you should discuss with your injector before moving forward.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Lowering brow with Botox

+1

Botox can certainly lower the brow that it is overactive.  It will not lower a brow that is not being lifted by muscle action.  As for how many millimeters it an lower, that is very difficult to predict.

Lowering the brow with Botox.

+1

Botox can be used to lower the brow by an experienced injector, however, the amount will depend on your particular anatomy and the reason for your elevated brow. Several millimeters would be reasonable, a centimeter, would be a stretch.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Can Botox make eyebrows lower intentionally? Yes! But CAVEAT EMPTOR.

+1

Botox used artfully can achieve many results that one person may love, and another may hate. This is why seeing an experienced, board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who not only has the eye for the art, but the detailed facial anatomy training, is so valuable.

Depending on the look you are going for, Botox can definitely lower or flatten the brow line, but be careful. With this also comes the INABILITY to lift them when you want to! This is a key point to be aware of, since this is not like a surgical "reverse brow lift" where the muscles all still work. The successful use of Botox to flatten the brow line means those forehead muscles are knocked out cold, and won't wake up for another 3 months on average.

So consider your treatment goals carefully and practice not being able to lift your brows at all in the mirror many times, before you ask your doctor for this. And remember, to maintain it you'll have to get it reinjected every few months.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

How Much Can Botox Lower a Brow?

+1

Since Botox is a muscle paralyzer, the more you paralyze the muscles that lift the eyebrows, the more the eyebrows will fall.  There is a limit depending on your anatomy.  My advise would be to see a competent physician who does this and have him first ascertain why your eyebrows are so high.  If Botox is indicated, then it is a reasonable treatment, but the exact affect cannot be guarantied ahead of time.  

The good and bad news is that the Botox effect lasts only 3-5 months.   If you like it, you need more, if you don't like it, the effect goes away.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon