Ive Had Botox Twice Before It Worked Quick and I Had Great Results for Almost a Year Ive Recently Payed to Get 3 Areas Done?

but i have now had 4 sessions of full injections in my face each time never resulting in any change ...ive also had dysport in the last time witch i understand is different i am only 25 and don't relay have an lines its mostly for smile lines and movment i get the botox but like i say it just hasn't worked hope some one can help me

Botox and efficacy

+2

Without seeing you in person or knowing how many units of Botox or Dysport you've had injected and specifically where, it's very difficult to answer your questions. If you're having treatment by a well-trained and knowledgable provider, your questions should be directed there to understand what the expectations are and what Botox will and won't do.

Rebecca...sounds like either your expectations are too great or that you're not really a

+1

candidate for botox...at age 25 if you say the botox never resulted in any change...it's probably your cheek movement you want eliminated and that's outside what botox can deliver...but it's extraordinarily rare for someone to receive injections of as potent a compound as botox and not demonstrate significant change...and as you say if you don't really have any lines...just smile lines...maybe you ought to pause and reflect if any treatment is really necessary and appropriate...

Ken Landow, MD

Don't give up!

+1

Without knowing a little more about the previous treatments, its hard to fully answer your question. Alot of injectors use varying amounts of product in different areas. It may be that not enough product was used for your given degree of movement. Assuming that the appropriate amount was used, you may need to try a different product like Dysport or Xeomin. Sometimes these products will give you the results you are looking for. Many patients will actually give themselves a "botox break" with other products for a varying amount of time, then re-try the botox at a later date, and get the desired results. Don't give up, it may just be trial and error for a bit till you find what works best for you.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Botox Not Working

+1

A photo and some additional details would be helpful. However, I take it from your post that you want to freeze the orbicularis occuli muscles around your eye. Some patients find, over time, that the effects of Botox become less effective and a greater number of units must be used to achieve the desired result. If your third treatment is not working, this may be the case for you. I had a patient with a similar problem for his crow's feet. The effects of Botox grew progressively weaker. His solution was to switch to Belotero injections for that area (a hyaluronic acid filler). In any event, you should consult with your physician about this.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox results aren't the same

+1

If you had it twice before and it went well, my first question is, why did you change injectors? Without knowing what areas were done or the number of units you had injected, this is hard to comment on, but basically, if you aren't happy with your results and you were before, either return to that first injector, or try another one. Remember that a large part of these types of services has to do with the expertise of the injector, so choose board-certified physician injectors who have more experience with facial anatomy and structure.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox question

+1

If you are unhappy with the results of your botox, schedule an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon, and voice your concerns.  Most Plastic Surgeons will do a touch up at no charge within a reasonable time period.  Otherwise, seek a second opinion with another surgeon.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Botox always works

+1

Dear patient, I have injected Botox for 15 years and have never met a person that was resistant to Botox injections! About 5 years ago the medical community was worried that some patients were developing Antibodies to Botox. This was later refuted. Everyone responds to some degree. It is difficult to give a complete answer without seeing you in person. I will assume that you have dynamic lines (wrinkles that appear with movement of muscle)  and not lines that appear from pushing of adjacent structures. I will also assume that you are a good candidate for botox and don't have a very sun damaged and actinic/loose skin. In that case you should respond to full strength Botox. Try to treat at least 3 areas at the same time: Between eyebrow, forehead, and around the eyes bilaterally. A total of 50 units should be used by an experienced injector.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist