Botox Before Rhinoplasty Okay?

I am planning on revision rhiniplasty as soon as possible. I'm in the process of trying to choose my surgeon and then set the date. Of course I would love to hop on a plane and have it next week! But I know it doean't work like that and there is going to be a time lag of a month or two before before the surgery. I get botox for my crows feet and bunny lines (major bunny lines). Do I have to stop my botox treatment before surgery?

Botox Before Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. Botox can safely be performed prior or during Revision Rhinioplasty.  It will compromise your results.  I hope this helps. Take care.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's fine to have Botox for your crow's feet and bunny lines before Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If you have "major bunny lines" when you smile, it may be beneficial to paralyze them before your revision rhinoplasty surgery. I've performed Rhinoplasty Surgery on many of my Botox patients without incident.

Choose your Rhinoplasty surgeon wisely. While you're doing research, look into Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty if your nose isn't too large.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox treatment with Rhinoplasty Nasal Surgery

+1

Botox treatment for facial wrinkles is allowed prior to rhinoplasty (nasal surgery). However, it's best to have a 1-2 week time frame between the Botox and the nose job surgery to allow any swelling or bruising from the Botox treatment to resolve.Your surgeon may also provide Botox at the same time as the nasal surgery, which may be better option. Ultimately, you should speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon and follow his/her advice.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox before Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as you get the Botox about one week before the rhinoplasty, the surgery will not interfere with the injections. Botox will not have any impact on your surgery.

Botulinum Toxin injections prior to rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

As long as there is a slight delay between the two procedures, I see no problem with proceeding with botulinum toxin injections one month prior to nose surgery

Botox prior to rhinoplasty

+1

When having Botox performed prior to surgery, you should avoid the bunny lines. Hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and Rhinoplasty? No Problem!

+1

Botox and Rhinoplasty are not related. Botox paralyzes the muscles that cause the offending wrinkles. Rhinoplasty sculpts bone and cartilage to reshape the nose. My only caution would be not to have the two at the same time; the Botox could migrate to unwanted areas if injected into freshly operated tissues.

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX is okay

+1

Your BOTOX treatments should not affect your decision to have a rhinoplasty. You notice that your bunny lines after surgery may be less active for a while after surgery due to swelling of that muscle.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Botox will not effect your rhinoplasty

+1

Botox works great for crows feet and bunny lines. These treatments should have no influence whatsoever on your nasal surgery. It is not a bad idea to have the treatments preop while you are still feeing good and so postop swelling will not be obscuring the treatment areas.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Botox before Nose Surgery

+1

As my colleagues have repeatedly stated, there is NO reason to tie your Rhinoplasty surgery to your Botox treatment. You can go ahead and have your Botox treatment anytime. It will not affect the planned nose operation.