Botox before my refirme?

I'm on my third treatment of refirme. I get it this Saturday feb 1st, my botox to forehead is scheduled feb 7th then my next refirm is scheduled feb 15th. Is this ok?? I'm worried about the Botox moving because the refirme laser is so hot.

Botox before my refirme?

+2
This should not be a problem. The Refirme treatment should not create any issues with your preceding Botox treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Refirme

+2
The timing is perfect for you.  Botox will not move after 4 hours.  It is a good idea to have relaxed muscle movement from Botox so the new collagen produced by the Refirme will remodel into smooth skin, not wrinkles.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Mixing Treatments

+2
There is no rush.  Have your treatments and then wait a week and get your Botox.  This makes better sense.  My Best.  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox and lasers

+1
Botox is set into the muscles within hours but can take up to 10 days for full effects. For the past 13 years I have been doing various laser, light, and radio frequency treatments. I do it one of two ways: 1. either the Botox 1 day before the laser (or more!) or 2. Botox just after the laser is completed. I have done it this way for 13 years with no issues for either the laser's effects, or the Botox's effects.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox before Refirme time lapse

+1
I agree that the Botox Cosmetic should be injected before the Refirme so that the wrinkles smooth out and lay flat.  However, it takes up to 2 weeks for Botox to completely set, so given that and the amount of heat I would recommend waiting 2 weeks after Botox for your Refirme laser treatment.

James F. Farrell, MD
Winter Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and refirme

+1
It is okay and safe to get Botox in between Refirme treatments. Botox is bound within ~30 minutes, so Botox will not move during a procedure that is administered one week later. In fact, preceding energy based device treatments (I.e. Refirme) with neurotoxin by 1-2 weeks can optimize Refirme results by allowing a more orderly pattern of new collagen production. This is because there is decreased movement in the area during healing.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon