Not Seeing Results With Botox Around the Eyes

I have had botox around the eyes,the crowsfeet area about 7 days ago, I had it done as even though I havent got bad lines when my face is stationary, they are awful when I smile, and go way down on my cheeks, so I had it done thinking that when I smile they wouldnt be as bad, but when I smile the lines are still there, and really do not see much difference. What I am trying to find out is... when you have botox round the eyes are you meant to still get the lines when you smile?

Botox for your crow's feet

+1

It can take two weeks to see the effect from your Botox treatment.  Crow's feet radiating from the corners of your eyes towards your temples can be minimized with Botox.  The lines radiating down your cheek cannot be treated with Botox since it would affect the position of your mouth.  If you have lines at rest, a dermal filler would help.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for crows feet won't treat the diagonal cheek lines present during smiling

+1

Crows feet extend from the ouer eyelid corner to the temple and some of the lower lines are parallel and adjacent to the cheek creases over the cheekbone that are caused by the smile muscles contracting.  The latter lines are not treated when the crows feet are injected because that would affect not only ones smile, but can create asymmetry in the mouth and lips making one look disfigured. There are exceptions of course.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

+1

You should get softening of the Crow's Feet and adjacent lines with neurotoxin injections (Botox, Dysport and Xeomin) placed along the lateral orbital rim however, results can take 3-7 days to peak and are dependant upon the dose used and proper placement of the toxin.  Perhaps you just need more.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Botox results are specific....don't expect results outside what it can do.

+1

Dr Gross has answered perfectly. That's the perfect response for your question. Botox acts very specifically and your injector should be advising you what the Botox will do and what it will not do so there are no dashed expectations. Botox never helps face cheek lines. If your cheek lines were the main issue, you were sold a treatment that was never going to work.

Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Crows feet

+1

Botox can help improve Crows feet lines with smiling, but it may not address all of the wrinkles.  Laser, peel, fillers, and/or surgery can be adjunctive treatments, depending on the type and location of the "wrinkles".

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not Seeing Botox Effects Around Eyes

+1

Although it may take a few more days, most people will have observed good softening to the lines even with smiling.  We invite our injection patients to return in two weeks to determine if mutual treatment goals were met, and we suggest you request the same.  

Keep in mind that some lines that extend down the cheek muscle with smiling are not always appropriate for Botox or Dysport.  However, cosmetic dermal fillers may be an option.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Botox For Crow's Feet

+1

This is a common question.

When Botox is injected into the crow's feet area it is paralyzing a thin muscle called the orbicularis oculi.  It may take as long as 2 weeks to see the full effect.  At that point you should notice little to no movement in that area when you try to squint.

When you smile, the large muscles in your cheeks may  push up the skin in the crow's feet area and make this look like it is wrinkled.  This is completely normal after successful Botox injections.

If you have any question as to whether the Botox worked, have your doctor re-examine you in another week.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

If you actually got what you paid for there should be an effect at 7 days!

+1

Any reasonable office will have taken photos of you.  It is a very simple matter, please tell them you are not seeing an effect and you would appreciate having an early follow up to that after photos can be taken.  You would like the doctor to explain the treatment effect seen in these photos.  If there is really nothing, something is up.  If the office did not take before photos then you are definitely in the wrong place.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Botox Around The Eyes

+1

The results with Botox around the eyes vary from person to person.  First of all it can take a full 2 weeks for Botox to kick in so give it a bit more time.  Also, when you smile, the skin on your cheeks is going to move upward.  Those lines are probably not going to go away.  What Botox can do around the eyes is lessen the crow's feet that you have at rest or those that occur when you squint without smiling.  Try to give it a bit more time though.  If you are still not happy, perhaps there is something that your injector can do to improve your situation.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox around the eyes

+1

Botox should work very well around the eyes, in particular the so-called "crows feet". If you are not seeing results within 7-10 days , discuss with your surgeon.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon