Is Botox Effective for Excessive Perspiration Under the Arms?

can botox apply in under arm due to execesive perspiratio?

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) for axillary hyperhidrosis (arm pit sweating)

+1

Yes, Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) can be injected the armpits for management of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). this requires about 50 units per side and will last anywhere from 6-9 monhts.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

BOTOX is very effective for excessive perspiration

+1

BOTOX is very effective for excessive perspiration under the arms and it usually takes 60-70 units on each side.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox highly effective for underarm sweating

+1

Both Botox and Dysport are highly effective and safe treatment for excessive underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis). Botox has been FDA approved since 2004 for treatment of hyperhidrosis and is widely use for this indication. During your treatment, a topical numbing anesthetic may be applied. Then small injections of Botox is placed directly under the skin of the underarm, usually about 15-20 injections are made to each area. The process takes about 10-15 minutes with minimal discomfort.

Most patients will notice an improvement in about 2-4 weeks. While results may vary, patients will notice at least 6-7 months of improvement. Many of my patients report results up to 9-12 months. Depending on your insurance and the severity of your symptoms, your insurance may also cover the cost of the medicaton and injection. For my patients with severe hyperhidrosis that has impacted their lives significantly, this treatment is a life changer! My patients no longer have to worry about being embarrassed, they can wear dark color clothes again, and they don't mind going out to meet new people. Good luck!

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox typically works very well for hyperhidrosis of the underarms.  Injections may reduce sweating up to 100% under normal social situations.  The duration of results varies from person to person but usually last anywhere from 6-12 months or more in some cases.  This is a very easy procedure to perform with typically very high satisfaction rates.  Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.