Which muscle in the mouth can be affected if Botox was injected on anterior dilator naris?

If Botox were injected on anterior dilator naris which muscle can be effected on mouth area as the smile changed "the upper lip looks thinner when smiling" And when can I have back my original smile? Should it be when the botox fades away completly? Does the lower part of the face's botox injection effect fades away faster than the upper part of face or its the same!! Thanks

Effect of botox on anterior dilator naris

+1
Injection of botox on the anterior dilator naris should not affect your smile unless the botox spread to surrounding non-targeted muscles that are involved in smiling like the zygomaticus minor, levator labii superioris, and levator labii superioris alaeque nasi. The latter being the most vulnerable of all.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox around mouth

+1
It matters more where the muscle was injected and how many units were used. Usually around the mouth we start with very conservative amounts, and add more as needed. One unit or two units can totally change the effects. I don't know when you were injected, but Botox lasts 3-4 months. When less units are used, it does tend to go away faster. So around the mouth it's usually on the shorter end of this timeframe.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD