I Just Had Botox and I Want to Do Ulthera in Two Weeks, is This Ok.

Ultherapy is safe two weeks after Botox

+1

Ulthera has not been proven to negatively affect the Botox, but it is wise to await two weeks, for the botox to have full effect before having the Ulthera so that if there is a question about the aesthetic outcome of the Botox, you won't think it's the Ultherapy.  Botox is also very safe to be administered right after the Ultherapy.

Botox and Ulthera combo treatments

+1

It is ok to have an Ultherapy treatment two weeks after having Botox injections. In fact, you can actually get both Botox and Ultherapy treatments on the same day. Botox settles in very quickly, so waiting the two weeks is perfectly safe.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after ultherapy

+1

Two weeks after BOTOX treatment should be a safe time frame for an Ultherapy treatment.  I too typically tell patients to wait approximately two week after any filler or BOTOX treatment for an Ultherapy treatment.

Edward S. Kwak, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera after Botox

+1

Within 20 to 90 minutes after it is injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox or Dysport very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. There are no restrictions after this for any treatments, including Ulthera.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

I Just Had Botox and I Want to Do Ulthera in Two Weeks, is This Ok.  Should be fine to undergo the Ulthera treatment after the Botox injections.  I just wouldn't do it the same day but 2 weeks after is plently of time, IMO.

Ulthera after Botox

+1

I agree with the other physicians that 2 weeks is an ideal amount of time to wait until Ulthera is performed after Botox injections.  There should not be any adverse effects with that wait time and the full effect of the Botox should have occurred by then.  These procedures are very compatible (as are filler injections) with Ulthera and will give an overall better result.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox and Ulthera

+1

Two weeks is a perfect time frame.  I always tell my patients to wait a full two weeks to assess the effects of Botox.   Although you could probably do any procedure sooner, when you wait you won't have to second guess your decision if you are not pleased with your Botox results or need a touch up.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

How long after Botox can you do skin tightening procedures

+1

Two weeks is plenty of time for a safety margin.  Botox is almost completely bound to its site of action by 1 hour after injection.  I usually recommend to patients not to touch the area, lie down or exercise for 3-4 hours after Botox injections.

It's true that when we are considering two procedures, I do like having two weeks between the procedures if the Botox injections are done first.  By two weeks we see the full results of the Botox injections.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon